This soft and moist Cranberry Orange Muffins recipe is topped with a delicious orange glaze, and bursting with flavor!
Why I love them:
- Easy – Only 10 minutes of prep and just a few steps, this is a great recipe for a child to help!
- Freezer Friendly – Make a double batch and freeze the rest for an even quicker grab-and-go breakfast or snack!
- Flavorful – we love the tart cranberries and sweet orange combination. It makes for beautiful and festive cranberry muffins, too.
How to make Cranberry Orange Muffins:
Dry Ingredients: Stir together sugar and orange zest. Add flour, salt, and baking powder.
Wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, stir together buttermilk, oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla.
Combine wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until mixed. Fold in halved cranberries.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 20-26 minutes.
Optional glaze: combine powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Drizzle over baked muffins.
Use Room Temperature Eggs: They’ll be fluffier and will emulsify in the batter more evenly, making a difference in the final product. To quickly bring eggs to room temperature, place them in a bowl and run hot water over them 30 seconds.
Don’t Over-Mix the batter: When adding wet ingredients to dry ingredients just stir them with a spoon until everything is incorporated. It’s ok if the batter is not perfectly smooth. Over-mixing muffin batter can cause them to be tough.
Cranberry substitute: You could use dried cranberries, if you don’t have fresh, or try substituting fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries, for a fun flavor twist.
Mini Muffins: Bake at 350°F for 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with just crumbs.
To Freeze: Allow muffins to cool completely, then place in an airtight container of freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature, or rewarm in the microwave for a few seconds.
Follow me for more great recipes
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Orange Glaze (optional):
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- ½ – 1 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- pinch orange zest , optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a standard muffin tin with liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add sugar and orange zest and stir well to combine. Add flour, salt, and baking powder and stir. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in the halved cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pan and bake for 20-26 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
- While the muffins cook, make the orange glaze. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk until smooth. Add more juice if needed to thin, or powdered sugar to thicken. Drizzle the glaze over the muffins.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!