How to make Pumpkin Bread:
Cream together sugar and butter in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Alternately add the flour mixture, then the milk. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased and floured bread pans and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the pan and then invert the bread onto wire racks.
How to make healthy pumpkin bread:
- Cut the sugar down to one cup instead of two
- Leave out the chocolate chips
- Substitute whole-wheat flour
SOME OF MY FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPES INCLUDE:
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin and Black Bean Chili
The BEST Pumpkin Bread that is easy to make, moist, and loaded with chocolate chips. This pumpkin bread recipe makes two regular loaves or several mini loafs. Your family will love it!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounce package chocolate chips
Grease and flour two 9x5 in loaf pans. (I also like to line the bottom of the pans with wax or parchment paper.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the sugar and butter to a mixing bowl and beat them with an electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
Alternately add flour mixture, then milk to pumpkin mixture, starting and ending with flour. Fold in chocolate chips at the end.
Pour the batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the pan before inverting onto a wire rack to cool.
*For mini loaves, check them around 35 min of baking, then every 5 min. after that (if they need it) until they are done.
Recipes makes two 9x5 inch loaves, OR four mini loaves, OR one regular loaf and two mini loaves.
Want to make healthy pumpkin bread? See my healthier ingredient swap suggestions, above in the post.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe in October 2013. Updated August 2018.