How to make Pumpkin Bread:
Cream together sugar and butter in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, vanilla and pumpkin puree and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Alternately add the flour mixture, then the milk. Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into greased and floured bread pans and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the pan and then invert the bread onto wire racks.
How to make healthy pumpkin bread:
- Cut the sugar down to one cup instead of two
- Leave out the chocolate chips
- Substitute whole-wheat flour
SOME OF MY FAVORITE PUMPKIN RECIPES INCLUDE:
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin and Black Bean Chili
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounce package chocolate chips
- Grease and flour two 9x5 in loaf pans. (I also like to line the bottom of the pans with wax or parchment paper.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the sugar and butter to a mixing bowl and beat them with an electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Alternately add flour mixture, then milk to pumpkin mixture, starting and ending with flour. Fold in chocolate chips at the end.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the pan before inverting onto a wire rack to cool.
- *For mini loaves, check them around 35 min of baking, then every 5 min. after that (if they need it) until they are done.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe in October 2013. Updated August 2018.