This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe is easy to make and has the perfect flavors of Fall! It makes two regular loaves or several mini loaves, perfect for sharing or freezing for another day.
Why I love this bread:
- Easy to Make – Only 10 minutes of prep and a handful of pantry ingredients needed.
- Makes more than one loaf – great for sharing or freezing for later.
- Fall Flavors – It has the perfect balance of Fall spices and plenty of chocolate chips to make it even more irresistible!
How to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread:
Combine Wet Ingredients: Cream sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree and mix.
Stir Dry Ingredients: Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
Alternate adding the flour mixture, then the milk.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Bake: Pour batter into prepared bread pans and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (Mini loaves will bake for 25-35 minutes.) Cool for a few minutes in the pan and then invert the bread onto wire racks.
This recipe makes two loaves or one regular loaf and two mini loaves, or 4 mini loaves. I love to make mini loaves and share or freeze the extras.
- Bread pan: Pumpkin bread is best cooked in a lightly colored aluminum bread loaf pan. This recipe looks prettiest baked in a 8.5 x 4.5 inch bread pan, but a 9×5 inch pan will also work. These bread pans conduct heat in a way that allows the bread to cook evenly and prevents the bread from getting too brown on the bottom.
- Parchment paper: Place a piece of parchment at the bottom of the pan so the loaf comes out easily. I
- Cook time: Ovens may cook differently, so check the bread at 40 minutes. It’s finished cooking when the inserted toothpick comes out with a few moist bread crumbs attached and not any doughy batter.
- Pumpkin: Use canned or homemade pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling.
- Muffins: This will make about 2 dozen muffins. Bake at 350 degrees F for 28-38 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with few moist crumbs.
Storage and Freezing Instructions:
To Store: Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the fridge for up to 10 days.
To Freeze: Allow pumpkin bread to cool completely and store in a freezer-safe container or bag for up to 3 months.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounce package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of two 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pans* with a piece of parchment paper. Spray all over with cooking spray.
- Add the sugar and butter to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Alternately add flour mixture, then milk to pumpkin mixture, starting and ending with flour. Fold in chocolate chips at the end.
- Pour the batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for a few minutes in the pan before inverting onto a wire rack to cool.
- Mini loaves will bake for around 25-35 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I originally shared this recipe in October 2013. Updated October 2019 and October 2021.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you!