The best Lemon Blueberry Bread is made with Greek Yogurt, fresh or frozen blueberries, and a simple icing. This easy recipe can be enjoyed year round.
Lemon Blueberry Bread
I’ve always loved making homemade breads! It doesn’t matter if they’re yeast breads, quick breads, muffins etc…I love them all! I buy a huge bunch of bananas just because I know we wont eat them all, and when the last few go bad I can make my favorite banana bread, or banana bread bars, or banana bran muffins!
Or maybe I’ll whip together this delicious Lemon Blueberry Bread. You’ll notice the recipe includes a glaze/icing. It’s really simple to make but it’s also optional. I’ve found that this lemon blueberry bread is perfectly moist and delicious when served plain.
Can you use frozen blueberries to make blueberry bread?
Yes! One of my favorite things about this blueberry bread is that you can make it with fresh or frozen blueberries. No adjustments to the recipe are needed if using frozen blueberries! Just fold them in after you’ve made the batter!
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Bread:
- Combine dry ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine wet ingredients. In a large bowl, beat together yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet, just until incorporated.
- Add blueberries. In a separate bowl mix the blueberries with 1 Tbsp of flour and then gently fold them into the mixed batter. (I always save a few to stick on top of the loaf after I pour it into the pan).
- Bake. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 55 minutes – 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How to make Lemon Blueberry muffins with this recipe:
You can use this recipe to make lemon blueberry muffins. Simply make the recipe as stated below and pour the batter into muffin tins; filling about 2/3 full. Bake them at 425 for about 10-14 minutes.
I love to have muffins in the freezer for easy snacks on the go! But I really think this recipe “shines” best as a loaf! It’s so moist and light! And the lemon-blueberry flavors perfectly compliment each other!
Check out these Bread Recipes! My favorites include:
Lemon Blueberry Bread
For the bread
- 1-1/2 cups + 1 Tablespoons all-purpose flour , divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 heaping cup blueberries , fresh or frozen
For the lemon glaze (Optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the bottom and sides of a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, beat together yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet, just until incorporated. In a separate bowl mix the blueberries with 1 Tbsp of flour and then gently fold them into the mixed batter. (I always save a few to stick on top of the loaf after I pour it into the pan).
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 55 minutes - 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the glaze (Optional)
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the top of the loaf. Allow to set/harden before serving.
For cupcakes: Bake at 350 degree F for 20-25 minutes. Adapted from Sweet Pea's Kitchen
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.