My favorite Blueberry Muffins recipe yields soft and moist muffins with a crumble topping that is bakery-quality. Enjoy them anytime or freeze for a quick breakfast on-the-go or snack.
This classic Blueberry Muffins is one of those staples that everyone needs in their recipe box. Classic recipes that you can always count on, and everyone loves. They take just a few minutes to whip together and they make the BEST, bakery-style, moist and delicious muffins. The delicious crumb topping really makes them next-level!
How to make Blueberry Muffins:
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix just until combined. Don’t over mix (the batter doesn’t need to be “smooth”).
- Toss the blueberries in a spoonful of flour. This will help them not to sink to the bottom of the muffin. Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Make the crumb topping by adding all ingredients to a bowl. Use your fingers or a fork to work the butter into the mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the tops of muffins in the pan.
- Bake for for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Allow the muffins to cool completely, then place them in a freezer bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw the frozen muffins, allow them to come to room temperature or place one muffin in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.
More popular Brunch recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Peach Scones
- Poppy Seed Cake
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup oil ,vegetable, canola oil or applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries , fresh or frozen
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter , chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard size muffin tin with liners, or grease well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix just until combined. Don't over mix (the batter doesn't need to be "smooth").
- Toss the blueberries in a spoonful of flour. (Optional: helps them not to sink to the bottom of the muffin.) Gently fold blueberries into the batter. Divide batter between muffin cups.
- Make the crumb topping by adding all ingredients to a bowl. Use a fork or pastry blender to cut the butter into the mixture.
- Sprinkle topping over the tops of each muffin.
- Bake for for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe February 2018. Updated April 2021.
These are wayyyyy too good!! I made them 3 days ago and they’re already all gone and have been requested to make another batch! Thank you for sharing your recipe!
See More Comments