My favorite Blueberry Muffins recipe is light and tender with a cinnamon and sugar crumb topping. We love these for an easy Sunday morning brunch or snack. They freeze great, too.
Everyone needs basic recipes, like these blueberry muffins, in their recipe box. Classic recipes that you can always count on, and everyone loves. Like perfect chocolate chip cookies, or a great lasagna or homemade spaghetti sauce recipe.
These Blueberry Muffins are AMAZING. They take just 5-10 minutes to whip together and they make the best, bakery-style muffins!
How to make Blueberry Muffins:
Start by mixing the wet and dry ingredients separately. Toss the blueberries in a little bit of flour. This will help keep them from sinking when they bake.
Mix the wet and dry ingredients together, just until combined. You don’t want to over-mix the batter, or your muffins will not be as light and tender.
Fold in the blueberries. Fill the greased or lined muffin cups just 2/3 full with batter.
Add the crumb topping, and bake them for about 20 minutes. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and they will be easier to remove.
The delicious crumb topping real seals the deal for me. These blueberry muffins are delicious and have become the only blueberry muffin recipe I ever use. I probably make them way too often. 🙂
Consider trying these popular brunch recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Apple Coffee Cake
- Peach Scones
- Poppy Seed Cake
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries , fresh or frozen
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 374 degrees F. Line a standard size muffin tin with liners, or grease well with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix just until combined. Don't over mix (the batter doesn't need to be "smooth")
- Toss the blueberries in a spoonful of flour. This will help them not to sink to the bottom of the muffin. Gently fold blueberries into the batter.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Make the crumb topping by adding all ingredients to a bowl. Use your fingers or a fork to work the butter into the mixture.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the tops of muffins in the pan.
- Bake for for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.