This oven Breakfast Potatoes recipe is roasted with red potatoes, green bell pepper and onion. They’re crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, and easy to make.
Do you love breakfast recipes? Try my Eggs Benedict, Blintzes, Overnight Cinnamon Rolls, or Yeasted Waffles!
Why I love these crispy breakfast potatoes:
- Roast in the Oven – Less mess and monitoring, and keeps your stove clear to make eggs, french toast, or pancakes!
- Crispy and flavorful – They’re roasted at high heat to get them crispy, and I love the extra seasonings and addition of onions and bell peppers for flavor.
- Easy – Only 10 minutes of prep makes them the perfect side dish to any breakfast.
How to make Breakfast Potatoes:
Chop Veggies: Slice the potatoes into chunks and chop the peppers, onion, and garlic.
Combine Ingredients: Place potatoes, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, butter, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper in a bowl and toss to combine.
Transfer to a large baking sheet (or two), spreading apart as much as possible.
Bake for about 25 minutes at 425 degrees F. Then increase the oven temperature to 500 degrees F and bake until they are crispy and brown, about 10 more minutes.
Make Ahead and Storage Instructions:
To Make Ahead: The peppers, onion, and garlic can be chopped ahead of time and stored in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator.
To Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat on a greased skillet or in the air fryer for a for a few minutes, until hot and crispy.
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes: Pour bowl of veggies into your air fryer basket. Cook at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, or until crispy, opening the basket a few times to toss them around, during cooking.
- Skillet Breakfast Potatoes: Add a little olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Pour the bowl of veggies into it and sauté until crispy, turning only a few times, to allow them to brown and crisp on each side. Add sausage and a whole egg to make a Breakfast Skillet.
- Healthy Breakfast Potatoes: Add any other veggies you’d like, including mushrooms, baby broccoli, spinach, or zucchini.
These crispy breakfast potatoes would be delicious served with any breakfast items. My family particularly enjoys breakfast potatoes with biscuits and gravy, pancakes and eggs, and breakfast quesadillas.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- French Toast
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Huevos Rancheros
- Yeasted Waffles
- French Toast Roll-Ups
- Strawberry Crepes
- Blueberry Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Follow me for more great recipes
- 2.5 pounds red potatoes , cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, butter, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper.
- Pour potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing twice during baking.
- Raise the heat to 500 degrees and bake until crispy, about 10-15 more minutes, tossing twice.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I originally shared this recipe September 2014. Updated January 2019 and March 2022.
Can you use Yukon Gold potatoes instead of the red?
See More Comments