The BEST crispy Breakfast Potatoes roasted with red potatoes, green bell pepper and onion. These are even better than your favorite restaurant’s roasted potatoes and they are so easy to make!
When I was in college my friends and I always thought it was fun to make midnight trips to Denny’s. I don’t know why the fact that it was midnight or later suddenly made the idea of eating at Denny’s sound fun…but it was always really fun!
My boyfriend at the time (and now my husband) would always get the Grand Slam. And now that we’re married, “Grand Slam” breakfasts frequent our weeknight menu and Sunday brunch! What’s not to love about pancakes, eggs, bacon, and the best homemade breakfast potatoes ever?
In all seriousness, these breakfast potatoes are the best! They’re roasted in the oven with diced peppers and onion, so they’re perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They make the best side to any breakfast item.
How to make crispy breakfast potatoes:
To make these easy breakfast potatoes, first prepare and chop all of the vegetables. Next, add all of the recipe ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
Pour them onto a baking sheet and bake them for about 25 minutes. Then increase the oven temperature and bake them until they are crispy and brown (about 10 more minutes).
What to serve with potatoes for breakfast?
These potatoes would be delicious served with any breakfast items. Serve potatoes with eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, pancakes, etc.! My family particularly enjoys breakfast potatoes with biscuits and gravy, pancakes and eggs, and breakfast quesadillas.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
- 2.5 pounds red potatoes , cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 onion , chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, butter, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper.
- Pour potatoes onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing twice during baking.
- Raise the heat to 500 degrees and bake until crispy, about 10-15 more minutes, tossing twice.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I first shared this recipe in September 2014. Updated January 2019.