Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are perfectly fluffy pancakes with a hint of lemon and topped with fresh strawberries.
I was seriously spoiled growing up because every single thing my mom made was made from scratch. (Hence the inspiration for this blog!)Many Sunday mornings I would help her whip up the best batch of belgian waffles ever!
It was years before I learned you could make pancakes or waffles from a box-mix, but since homemade is what I grew up with, the other stuff will never compare! The key to our homemade waffles was separating the egg yolks and whites. We would beat the whites separately and then fold them into the batter at the end.
It’s a really simple step that makes the waffles SO incredible fluffy! This recipe for Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes utilizes the same method, and just like with the waffles, it makes the fluffiest pancakes ever!
On top of the fluffiness of the pancakes, you’ve got the flavor combination of lemon and ricotta that is just amazing. If you’ve never tried ricotta pancakes before, maybe you’re feeling a little unsure. But let me tell you, one bite and you will be hooked! You just can’t go wrong with these pancakes!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Strawberry Lemon Ricotto Pancakes
Strawberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are perfectly fluffy pancakes with a hint of lemon and topped with fresh strawberries.Print Pin Rate Add to My Meal Plan Go to Meal Plan
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs , yolks and white separated
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- zest from 1 large lemon (about 1 Tablespoon, packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- fresh strawberries , diced for serving
- Measure milk into a liquid measuring cup and add butter. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Stir well and set aside to cool down.
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Place egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla in a separate large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Stir the cooled milk/butter mixture into the sugar/egg yolk mixture. Then stir in the dry ingredients and stir just until combined (don't overmix!) Gently fold the ricotta into the batter, again being careful not to overmix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, just until combined.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, grease the pan with butter or cooking spray and spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the pan, spreading batter into an even layer.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with freshly diced strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Chow
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 102mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.