CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Strawberry Lemon Ricotto Pancakes
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs , yolks and white separated
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest finely grated from about 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- fresh strawberries , diced for serving
- Place butter and milk in a small microwaveable bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Stir well and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Place egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk in the cooled milk/butter mixture until smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined (don't overmix!)
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the reserved batter, just until combined.
- Gently fold the ricotta into the batter (the batter will be lumpy).
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat until hot. Grease the pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Measure about 1/4-cup of batter into the pan.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with freshly diced strawberries and powdered sugar.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.