I don’t think I’m alone in my love for crepes! They’re fun for weekend breakfast or for special occasions because they are easy to make with simple ingredients most people have on hand, but they’re fancy too!
What is a Crepe?
These Strawberries and Cream Crepes are to die for! They honestly belong on a restaurant brunch menu, and you’d never know when eating them how incredibly simple they are to make.
To make ahead:
You can make the batter for crepes 1 day in advance if you want, and store it covered in the fridge. You can also make the cream filling 1 day in advance and slice the strawberries and store them separately in the fridge.
How to make crepes:
Add all of the crepe ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula to make incorporate flour that may have stuck to the side. Blend again for a few seconds.
It’s encouraged to allow the batter to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes or more, before cooking the crepes. I’ll be honest and admit I’m often too impatient for this, and they still turn out great 🙂 .
Although you can buy a special pan for making crepes, all you really need is a large non-stick skillet! Heat it over medium heat. Grease the pan lightly and add about 1/4 cup of batter, swirling it around the pan to form a large, thin pancakes.
Cook for 30 seconds or so on each side, flipping once, until lightly golden.
Fill crepes with your favorite fillings, roll them tightly, or fold them into fourths. You can even enjoy them plain, dusted with powdered sugar.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Strawberries and Cream Crepes
For the crepes:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries , sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
For the crepes:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender if needed.
- Refrigerate batter for 30 minutes. (Recommended, but not required)
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat. When skillet is hot, lightly grease it with a little butter or cooking spray.
- Hold the handle of the skillet and as you pour a few tablespoons of batter in, tilt the skillet around in a circular motion to allow the batter to evenly coat the bottom of the pan, in a thin layer.
- Cook for 30 seconds-1 minutes or until the edges of the crepe curl slightly and the bottom of the crepe is lightly golden. Flip to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds.
- (Adjust your heat between medium-medium high until your crepes are cooking in about 30 seconds on each side. Re-grease your pan every few crepes, as needed.)
- Remove crepe to a plate. Add more crepes to the plate as you cook them, and cover the plate with tinfoil to keep them warm.
For the filling:
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the cream and powdered sugar on high speed until stiff peaks.
- Spoon most of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture and fold in until smooth. Reserve a little bit of whipped cream for topping on the crepes, if desired.
- Spoon a thin layer of the filling into on a crepe. Add some fresh strawberries on top and then roll it up.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar, extra strawberries and whipped cream, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe February 2014. Updated May 2018.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you!