The BEST Biscuits and Gravy! An easy, southern-style sausage gravy with flaky homemade biscuits. One of our favorite breakfast recipes of all time!
It’s no secret that a yummy homemade breakfast makes me excited to get up on Saturday morning. I love making something fun and delicious for my family, since our weekday breakfasts usually consist of plain old oatmeal or scrambled eggs and toast.
This sausage gravy recipe is a TREASURE to our family–thanks to my mother-in-law. She’s made it so many times she has completely perfected the recipe, and now it’s one of our favorite breakfasts.
The sad thing is that I can never order “biscuits and gravy” from a restaurant any more. I know from experience that it would pale in comparison to this recipe. But the good news is that homemade sausage gravy is just about one of the easiest things in the world to make.
What is sausage gravy made of?
This simple sausage gravy is made with pork sausage, flour, half and half, butter, thyme, rosemary, and crushed red pepper! It’s delicious.
Pair it with my absolute favorite homemade, light and flaky buttermilk biscuits and you will be in heaven!
Consider trying these popular breakfast recipes:
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 8 Flakey Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 2 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon(s)s all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Brown sausage in a large saucepan. Use a paper towel to blot out most of the grease from the pan.
- Add flour, butter, and half & half. Cook on medium-low, stirring often, for several minutes until thickened.
- Add thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Serve over warm biscuits.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.