Breakfast Quesadillas with bacon, egg and cheese. An easy breakfast or dinner idea your family is sure to LOVE!
For as much as I love making and creating new recipes, I must admit that, just like most moms out there, there are nights when it’s a real struggle to think of something to make for dinner.
Whenever I’m feeling this way, I usually turn to breakfast for dinner–Brinner! I can count on having all of the ingredients I need to whip up something really easy that my family will love, like these simple Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos, or my favorite 5-minute Blender Whole Wheat Pancakes. (Both recipes are freezer friendly, by the way. So, if you don’t have any time at all you can pull some from the freezer and heat them up for dinner!)
If you’re ever looking for breakfast for dinner recipes JonesBrinner.com has tons, including a few that I can’t wait to try, like these Bacon French Toast Sticks and BLT Breakfast Sandwiches. And if you’re loving the idea of a breakfast quesadilla you should also try these Jalapeño and Canadian Bacon Breakfast Quesadillas.
My kids love quesadillas in any form, but I usually like to add something more than just cheese to them to make them more filling and substantive. These Breakfast Quesadillas are filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, and the tastiest chopped bacon around.
I always have to cook an extra few slices of the Jones Dairy Farm Cherrywood Smoked Bacon because my family just can’t wait until dinner is ready. We’re a total bacon-loving family, especially my boys. I also really like their Turkey Bacon, which you could easily substitute in this recipe.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese , grated or sliced thin
- 8 large flour tortillas
- salsa, sour cream and guacamole
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Chop the bacon and add to the skillet, cooking until crisp. Remove some (but not all) of the grease.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Add eggs to the skillet with the bacon and season with salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, scrambling into small pieces, until desired doneness.
- Cover one flour tortilla with a thin layer of shredded cheese. Top with some of the scrambled eggs and bacon.
- Top with some more shredded cheese and place another flour tortilla on top.
- Carefully set the quesadilla into the pan over medium heat. Cook until the cheese begins to slightly melt and the bottom tortilla is golden brown.
- Carefully flip to the other side and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Slice and serve warm with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post is brought to you by Jones Dairy Farm. As always, all opinions are my own.