This Easy Breakfast Skillet is loaded with the good stuff including potatoes, eggs, bacon and sausage topped with shredded cheese and baked to perfection in the oven.
Breakfast might just be my favorite meal of the day. I love savory breakfasts like Breakfast Casserole or this Breakfast Skillet but I also love classic sweet breakfasts like French Toast, Buttermilk Pancakes, Crepes, and Muffins! There are just so many delicious options!
Easy Breakfast Skillet
I am totally a breakfast person! I don’t mind getting up early and I love cooking a big breakfast for my family. However, I realize that not everyone is a morning person and a lot of people hate taking time to make breakfast. No matter which camp you belong to, this recipe is bound to satisfy. It fulfills my need to make something amazing but it’s also SOO fast and easy to throw together!
My favorite thing about this breakfast skillet recipe is that everything is made in one pan! I like to use Costco’s pre-cooked bacon and pre-cooked frozen sausage links because it makes this recipe that much easier to throw together in the morning.
How to make a breakfast skillet:
- Cook frozen hash browns. In your oven-safe skillet, cook the potatoes, tossing them gently, until they begin to get golden brown on the edges.
- Add bacon and sausage. Cook, tossing, for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs. Smooth everything into an even layer in the skillet and then make a little well where you want to crack each egg. Crack the eggs into the well and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese. You can use any kind you like!
- Bake. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked to your liking.
Which type of hash browns should you use?
This recipe calls for diced frozen hash browns instead of shredded hash browns, but you could use either. You can even use your own fresh potatoes. Simply peel and dice them and cook them a little longer than called for in the recipe.
No matter the type of potatoes you chose, the key to this recipe is to let the potatoes get golden brown. The best way I found to get golden brown, crispy potatoes is to let them cook without stirring too often. It’s hard for them to get nice and brown if you are constantly moving them around.
I have so many favorite Breakfast Recipes, including:
Easy Breakfast Skillet
- 1 tablespoon oil (canola or vegetable oil)
- 15 ounces diced frozen hash browns (about 2.5 cups)
- 8 slices cooked bacon , chopped
- 10-12 fully cooked sausage links , chopped
- 3-6 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes
- Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add frozen potatoes. Cook the potatoes, tossing them gently, until they begin to get golden brown on the edges.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Add the chopped bacon and sausage. And cook, tossing, for 2 minutes.
- Smooth everything into an even layer in the skillet and then make a little well where you want to crack each egg.
- Crack the eggs into the well and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked to your liking. (In my oven 10 minutes yielded perfect over-medium eggs.)
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.