The BEST Sausage Gravy and Biscuits! An easy, southern-style sausage gravy with flaky homemade biscuits. One of our favorite breakfast recipes of all time!
It’s no secret that a yummy homemade breakfast makes me excited to get up on Saturday morning. I love making something fun and delicious for my family, since our weekday breakfasts usually consist of plain old oatmeal or scrambled eggs and toast.
Some of my favorite fun breakfasts include:
This sausage gravy recipe is a TREASURE to our family–thanks to my mother-in-law. She’s made it so many times she has completely perfected the recipe, and now it’s one of our favorite breakfasts. The sad thing is that I can never order “biscuits and gravy” from a restaurant any more. I know from experience that it would pail in comparison to this recipe. But the good news is that homemade sausage gravy is just about one of the easiest things in the world to make. Pair it with my absolute favorite homemade, light and flaky buttermilk biscuits and you will be in heaven!
- 8 Flakey Buttermilk Biscuits
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried, crushed rosemary
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Fresh crushed black pepper, to taste
- Brown sausage in a large saucepan. Use a paper towel to blot out most of the grease from the pan.
- Add flour, butter, and half & half. Cook on medium-low, stirring often, for several minutes until thickened. Add thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Serve over warm biscuits.
Never miss a post! Follow me on: