Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches made with baked eggs and topped with cheese, sausage, bacon, or ham on an English muffin. These make ahead sandwiches are easy and delicious.
Making meals ahead of time is one of the bests gifts you can give yourself. You will thank yourself each time you reheat one of these Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches. Check out my other Freezer Friendly Recipes like these Swedish Meatballs and Homemade Crepes!
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
These make ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches are something that I have wanted to perfect for awhile now. I worried they might not live up to the hype, but boy was I totally wrong! Seriously, these breakfast sandwiches are not only delicious and simple, but they store wonderfully in the freezer and still taste great after rewarming them.
Another thing I wanted to point out is that you can definitely customize them. I make my freezer breakfast sandwiches with an english muffin because I think english muffins store best in the freezer, and my family loves them. You could also try making them with bagels, or sandwich thins.
Also, if you wanted to make them healthier there are so many ways to do this. I have a whole section (see below) with ideas of how to make healthy freezer breakfast sandwiches.
How to make freezer breakfast sandwiches:
Prepare the eggs: Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper and pour the egg mixture into a greased 9×12 pan.
Bake: Bake for 18-22 minutes, or just until the center is set. When baking the eggs, make sure not to over-cook them! You want the center to be just barely set. The eggs will get cooked more when the breakfast sandwiches are reheated, so we want they’re texture to still be good, and not overcooked. Allow the eggs to cool and cut them into 12 squares.
Assemble: Top each English muffin half with egg, cheese, and meat.
Eat or Freeze: If you are consuming your breakfast sandwich right away, heat the sandwiches at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. If you are freezing your breakfast sandwich, wrap each sandwich individually in wax paper, parchment paper, or tinfoil and place them in a freezer safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
How to reheat frozen breakfast sandwiches:
Remove the plastic wrap and wrap the sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute on defrost or 50% power. Flip the sandwich over and microwave for 30 seconds- 1 minute on high power, until warmed through.
You could also reheat these freezer breakfast sandwiches in the toaster oven or regular oven. My family even likes to bring them camping and reheat them over the campfire!
To Make Healthy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches:
There are so many variations you can use to make these freezer breakfast sandwiches healthy!
- Switch to whole grain bread. Switching to whole grain will add fiber which helps our bodies regulate digestion, lowers our risk for obesity related diseases, and helps you feel full for longer!
- When preparing your eggs, add vegetables! Add any vegetables you like to the eggs before baking, including: mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, zucchini, etc. Adding vegetables will also add valuable vitamins, minerals, and fiber and it will help the sandwich feel even more hearty!
- Use egg whites. You could cook your egg bake with egg whites only! This will help lower the cholesterol content and overall calories or your freezer breakfast sandwich. If you are using this method, you will want to add a few more egg whites than called for.
- Swap out the meat. You could swap bacon for turkey bacon, sausage for turkey sausage, or forgo the meat entirely!
Check out my other Freezer Friendly Recipes! Some of my favorites include:
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- 12 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices cooked bacon, sausage patties, ham, or canadian bacon
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices cheddar cheese , or your favorite cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease a 9x13’’ pan
- Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. (I use an electric mixer to make it easier).
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased pan and bake for 18-22 minutes, or just until the center is set. Don’t over-cook.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into 12 squares.
- Top each English muffin half with egg, cheese, and meat. If you are consuming right away, heat the sandwiches at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Wrap each sandwich individually in tinfoil, wax paper, or parchment paper and place them in a freezer safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
- Remove paper and wrap sandwich in a paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute on defrost or 50% power. Flip the sandwich over and microwave for 10-30 seconds on high power, until warmed through.
- You can also reheat the sandwiches in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, or in the toaster oven.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.