This healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes recipe is made in a blender, with pantry ingredients, in just 5 minutes! They are light, fluffy, and so satisfying!
Why I love these pancakes:
- Blender Pancakes – All you need is a blender to whip up the best whole wheat pancakes in just 5 minutes!
- Light and Fluffy – Unlike other whole wheat pancakes that can be dense, these beauties are so light and fluffy, they’re just as good as regular pancakes.
- Healthy – They’re made with whole grain, and lightly sweetened with honey, for a delicious honey wheat flavor. If you are looking for more healthy recipes, then check out these healthy dinner ideas!
How to make Whole Wheat Pancakes:
Blend: Add wheat flour and milk to a blender and blend on high for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients then blend again until smooth.
Cook on a hot greased griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. (The batter will be thin, but they will puff up and be perfectly light and tender!). Do not pat pancakes down with a spatula while cooking.
Make Ahead, Freezing, and Reheating Instructions:
To Make Ahead: Place cooled whole grain pancakes in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To Freeze: Allow pancakes to cool completely then place them in a single layer on a sheet pan. Flash freeze them for 30 minutes, then once they are partially frozen (now they wont stick together), place in a freezer safe bag and freezer for 2-3 months.
To Reheat: rewarm for a few seconds in the microwave, or reheat in toaster oven or air fryer.
- Vegan Wheat Pancakes: Use almond milk, 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed for the eggs, and substitute maple syrup or brown rice syrup for the honey.
- Gluten Free Wheat Pancakes: Substitute almond flour, brown rice flour, or oat flour.
- Dairy Free: Use almond milk or oat milk.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Breakfast Skillet
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Healthy Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Overnight Oats
Follow me for more great recipes
Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Add wheat flour and milk to a blender and blend on high for 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Preheat griddle to 375 degrees, or heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Ladle pancake portions onto hot greased pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. The batter will be thin, but they will puff up as they cook. Don't pat down on them while cooking.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe March 2016. Updated January 2020 and January 2024.
This post contains affiliate links.