The BEST light and fluffy whole wheat pancakes that only take 5 minute to make! You will never make regular pancakes again!
For those of you with New Year’s resolutions to eat healthier, how’s it coming?! I’m proud to report that on of the biggest changes we have stuck to this year is using whole wheat products. I’ve always known there’s no nutritional value in white pastas, breads/flours and rice.
I’ve always tried to cook with the whole grain varieties often, but sometimes received protests from my husband. But, since the New Year, he jumped on board and we’ve stuck to it.
I’m confidant we wont go back especially when I can always fall back on this amazing 30-minute brown rice recipe, and tons of healthier meals like these Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas or these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps.
Last week was my husband’s birthday so I whipped him up some of these AMAZING 5 minute whole wheat pancakes. My mom used to make these all the time growing up. She got the recipe from a lady in our neighborhood who shared them in the church cookbook.
We called them “blender pancakes” because all you need is a blender and a few ingredients to make them. They couldn’t be easier and they are seriously the BEST!!! I don’t use that word lightly.
These are the best whole wheat pancakes, ever. They’re flavorful, light, fluffy and tender. Whether you’re looking for a healthier pancake option or not (these protein pancakes are great too…) these pancakes will not disappoint.
Consider trying these popular breakfast recipes:
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sandwiches
- Seven Layer Breakfast Tacos
- German Pancakes
- Classic French Toast
5 minute Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- Add wheat flour and milk to a blender and blend on high for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cook on a hot greased griddle for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. (The batter will be VERY thin and you may start to question my judgement 🙂 but press forward and you'll see, they will puff up and be perfectly light and tender!)
- I love to serve these with breakfast potatoes!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.