My favorite cookie recipe transformed into the BEST super soft and chewy snickerdoodle bars! No rolling or chilling the dough. These couldn’t be easier to make.
I have a serious sweet tooth problem when the weekend comes. Give me all the sweeeeets! Usually I want to relax on the weekends so I want a treat that’s easy, has simple ingredients so I don’t have to run to the store, and obviously a treat that’s delicious!
The dough for these cookie bars is just like snickerdoodle cookie dough. After you make it, you press it into the bottom of a 9×13” pan. Then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top, and they’re ready to go in the oven.
These snickerdoodle bars fit the bill in every way. Easy? CHECK. Super simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry already? CHECK. The easiest, tastiest snickerdoodle cookie bars ever? Triple check.
If you are a fan of snickerdoodle cookies then you will LOVE these. Thick, soft and chewy and irresistible.
Consider trying some of my other favorite “cookie-bar” recipes:
- Butterfinger Cookie Bars
- M&M Cookie Bars
- Perfect Lemon Bars
- Oreo Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together butter, shortening, and 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and stir until combined.
- Lightly grease a 9x13'' pan. Press the dough into an even layer on the bottom the pan.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix the 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the top of the dough.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes (don't over bake!). Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.