These thick and chewy M&M Cookie Bars will be your new favorite!
You all know how much I love a good cookie bar! I’ve had my eye on a recipe for chocolate chip cookie bars, from Cook’s Illustrated, for awhile, and I recently decided to try them, using M&M’s instead.
Oh my heavens, I’M IN LOVE! These little beauties are incredible. Soft and chewy and absolutely perfect. They belong in a bakery.
I LOVE this time of year where I weekends are filled with potlucks and bbq’s with friends. These M&M cookie bars are the perfect treat to bring to these type of events. You could even add red, white and blue m&m’s to make them patriotic.
They are easier to make than cookies–no rolling or chilling the dough or baking several batches–just press everything into a 9×13 pan and bake! They feed a crowd and everyone always loves them! What’s not to love about super soft, chewy cookie bars loaded with m&m’s?
Looking for more “bar” recipes? Try these:
- S’more Cookie Bars
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- The BEST Mint Brownies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Ever Peanut Butter Bars
M&M Cookie Bars
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a 9 x13 baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat in egg and egg yolk until combined. Add vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, stirring just until flour is incorporated. Stir in m&m's.
- Press dough into an even layer in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely. Pull on side of parchment paper to remove bars from the pan and cut into squares.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.