These thick and chewy M&M Cookie Bars will be your new favorite!
You all know how much I love a good cookie bar! I’ve had my eye on a recipe for chocolate chip cookie bars, from Cook’s Illustrated, for awhile, and I recently decided to try them, using M&M’s instead.
Oh my heavens, I’M IN LOVE! These little beauties are incredible. Soft and chewy and absolutely perfect. They belong in a bakery.
I LOVE this time of year where I weekends are filled with potlucks and bbq’s with friends. These M&M cookie bars are the perfect treat to bring to these type of events. You could even add red, white and blue m&m’s to make them patriotic.
They are easier to make than cookies–no rolling or chilling the dough or baking several batches–just press everything into a 9×13 pan and bake! They feed a crowd and everyone always loves them! What’s not to love about super soft, chewy cookie bars loaded with m&m’s?
Looking for more “bar” recipes? Try these:
- S’more Cookie Bars
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- The BEST Mint Brownies
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Best Ever Peanut Butter Bars
These soft and chewy M&M Cookie Bars will be your new favorite!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 12 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a 9 x13 baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat in egg and egg yolk until combined. Add vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, stirring just until flour is incorporated. Stir in m&m's.
- Press dough into an even layer in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely. Pull on side of parchment paper to remove bars from the pan and cut into squares.
Adapted from Cooks illustrated https://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/2962-thick-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookie-bars
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.