This easy Cottage Cheese Pancakes recipe is made in a blender using whole foods, and results in healthier pancakes that still taste amazing! Best of all, they contain 5 grams of protein at just 100 calories each.
Want more pancake recipes? Try Buttermilk Pancakes, Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, German Pancakes, or Strawberry Crepes!
We’ve been making these delicious Cottage Cheese Pancakes for years. In love that they’re protein pancakes with the same great taste and texture of regular pancakes, without flour, canola oil, sugar or butter!
- Eggs: Adds 12 grams protein.
- Cottage Cheese: Adds 13 grams protein
- Whole Grain Oats: Adds 14 grams protein, 10 grams fiber.
- Baking powder.
- Olive Oil. You could substitute coconut oil
- Vanilla extract.
- Protein Powder: Optional to add ½ scoop of protein powder to the batter if you’d like.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Pancakes:
Make Oat Flour: Add oats and baking powder to a blender and blend to make a fine powder.
Blend: Add cottage cheese, eggs, water, vanilla, oil, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
Cook: Pour pancakes onto a hot greased griddle then cook until golden on both sides.
Serve warm with fruit and real maple syrup.
Allow cottage cheese pancakes to cool, then lay them in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes (to help keep them from sticking together). Then place them in a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Warm from frozen in the microwave.
More Healthy Breakfast Favorites:
- Green Smoothie
- Vanilla Protein Shake
- Chocolate Protein Shake
- 5 Minute Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Breakfast Taquitos
- Skinny Banana Bread Muffins
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Healthy Granola
- Instant Pot Yogurt
Follow me for more great recipes
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs (or substitue a flax-egg)
- 1/2 cup water , milk, or dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- Preheat a hot griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Add oats and baking powder to a food processor or blender and blend until they're as fine as flour.
- Add the cottage cheese, eggs, water, vanilla, oil and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
- Pour about ¼ cup batter onto griddle to form pancake. Cook on one side until bubbles begin to appear on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook on the other side until golden.
- Serve with fresh fruit and real maple syrup, or a low sugar syrup.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I originally shared this post February 2015. Updated January 2021 and May 2023.
These pancakes are delicious. I added some peanut butter on top as well as syrup.
Made these today and we all LOVED them!! I am particular with pancakes, and this will be our new go-to recipe! Love how easy and quick they are to make, healthy, and that it leaves me feeling energized! My picky kids loved them too!
Can I substitute cottage cheese for plain fat free greek yogurt?
Yes, that would work fine.
We LOVE this recipe, particularly because the protein comes from whole foods. We often substitute milk for water and add lots of cinnamon! Our favorite way to eat them is with applesauce. So good for you and filling.
LOVE these protein pancakes. I make it exactly as the recipe says.
A family favorite! Always a hit when I make these! I double the batch and freeze the extras to use for quick school mornings.
I made a double batch of the Protein Pancakes using fat-free Greek yogurt in place of the cottage cheese and overall, they were very good! It seemed liked they were missing something and I wondered if it was a little salt? My yogurt substitution may have been the problem since yogurt contains less salt than cottage cheese. I will experiment by adding a little salt when I make them again. Thanks for this recipe and many others!
I have been searching for a “healthy” pancake recipe – until now! I loved these! They had the same great taste as regular pancakes but I could eat knowing they are a healthier. Served with fruit = perfection!
See More Comments