Start your morning right with the best Green Smoothie recipe made with kale, pineapple, mint and ginger. It’s so fresh and delicious, my kids request it every morning!
Do you love smoothie recipes as much as I do? Try my Chocolate Protein Shake, Strawberry Banana Smoothie, or this Healthy Breakfast Smoothie!
Whether you’re a green smoothie expert or a newbie, you will love this recipe! Green smoothies are the perfect way to start your morning off right…with pure vitamins, minerals, fiber, and with no added sugar. Green smoothies are also a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables for breakfast.
What I LOVE about this Green smoothie:
- Fast– You can literally have this ready to go in under 5 minutes! I always keep kale in the refrigerator and frozen fruit in the freezer, making this healthy smoothie the fastest breakfast to throw together.
- Healthy – I love kale because it’s low calorie and packed with vitamins and fiber. The flaxseed oil is a great addition know one can taste, and we often add a scoop of chia seeds for even more protein and fiber.
- Customizable– Change it up by adding different greens, different fruit, or even throwing in some protein powder, nut butter or rolled oats! See more variation ideas below.
- Fruit: Apple, Pineapple, and Banana
- Water and Ice Cubes
- Mint Leaves, Lemon Juice, Flax Seed Oil, Agave Nectar, and Ginger Purée.
How to Make a Green Smoothie:
Combine Ingredients: Add all ingredients to a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
Blend until smooth.
Serve and enjoy this healthy green smoothie recipe for breakfast, or a healthy snack.
Healthy Green Smoothie Variations:
- Add rolled oats: a great whole grain that will add additional protein and fiber and a thicker texture that I love.
- Add nut butter: a spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter for some some healthy unsaturated fat and protein.
- Switch up the greens by adding spinach or collard greens.
- Add powder: A scoop of unflavored protein powder, collagen peptides, or acai berry powder.
Follow me for more great recipes
- 1 cup chopped kale , packed, large ribs removed
- ½ of a medium apple (4 oz)
- 3-5 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks , about 2-3 chunks
- ½ of a frozen banana
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- ¾ teaspoon refrigerated pureed ginger or fresh minced ginger
- 4 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a high-power blender and blend until smooth.
- Add rolled oats. Whole rolled oats are a great whole grain that will add additional protein and fiber as well as a grainy texture that I love.
- Add peanut butter. A spoonful of peanut butter will also add some healthy unsaturated fat as well as protein.
- Switch up the greens. Try adding collard greens or kale in place of spinach. Or try a little of each.
- Add powder. Try adding a heaping tablespoon of vanilla or chocolate protein powder, collagen peptides, or acai berry powder.
- Make it vegan or dairy-free. Leave out the yogurt and use soy or almond milk.
- ¼ cup milk
- juice of 1 orange, freshly squeezed
- 5 ice cubes
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- ½ cup frozen fruit: pineapple, strawberries, mango, peaches, or raspberries
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed, optional
- chia seeds, optional
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe April 2013. Updated December 2019 and February 2023.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you.
Another great recipe from TBFS! Made exactly as written using strawberries, banana, spinach. I accidently, however, bought vanilla Greek yogurt, so the taste is slightly changed from the original recipe. Haven’t made very many smoothies, and steered away from green ones, but this recipe makes me wonder why I didn’t try green smoothies sooner. Very delicious.
TBFS offers reliably great recipes that are affordable, easy, healthy, tasty.
Love smoothies. Quick, convenient, healthy and delicious!
Healthy and delicious!
I’ve been looking for a good green smoothie recipe! I’m definitely going to give this one a try! Sounds delicious.
Green smoothies have been a favorite of mine for dinner lately! fills me up and it great even late at night! i put banana, spinach, chia seeds, whey protein, yogurt, a bit of water and some strawberries in mine! delicious!
I love green smoothies! They are so good.
This actually looks really tasty 🙂