Whether you’re a green smoothie expert or a newbie, you will love this recipe! Green smoothies are the perfect way to start your morning off right…with pure vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and with no added sugar. These smoothies are also a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables–they wont even be able to taste the spinach!
Try adding Flaxseed (or linseed) to your smoothies. Flaxseed is full of good fiber to help clean out your GI track and is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which help prevent heart disease and cancer. At the grocery store you can find flaxseed in the same isle as flour.
You can also try adding kale which is a great source of vitamin C (which contributes to healthy bones) and beta-carotene. Studies say kale helps prevent heart disease, and cancer. In the produce section, look for dark colored, crisp leaves.
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit , pineapple, strawberries, mango, peaches, or raspberries
- juice of 1 orange , freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 5 Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup milk , water, soy milk, or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed , optional
- chia seeds , optional
- Place all ingredients in high powered blender. Blend until smooth! Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.