Strawberry Overnight Oats made with yogurt are the perfect make-ahead, grab-and-go breakfast for weekday mornings. They are nutritious, yummy and easy to make vegan or gluten free.
Other day-starters I turn to are freezer breakfast sandwiches, egg and sausage breakfast taquitos, and apple pancakes. What I love most about Overnight Oats is how nutrient rich and filling they are, plus the ingredients are ones I always have on hand. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it’s nice to get started with something that isn’t just empty carbs. Five minutes invested in the evening and your breakfast is waiting for you when you are ready for it. It’s got great staying power and will keep you satisfied till lunch.
Ingredients for Strawberry Overnight Oats
- Yogurt – we use strawberry, but plain, Greek, vanilla or a non-dairy yogurt all work great.
- Milk – we use plain or vanilla almond milk, but any type of milk or soy milk will work.
- Oats – we use name-brand, old-fashioned, rolled oats.
- Fresh strawberries & bananas or other seasonal fruit (peaches are particularly yummy when available).
- Chia seeds (optional) – adds nutrients as well as a thick and creamy texture.
How to make Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats
Combine yogurt and milk. Stir in oats. Mix in fruit and chia seeds. Refrigerate overnight. Top with additional fruit and or honey in the morning, if desired. Grab and enjoy!
Other things to try:
- Add a drizzle of Honey for extra sweetness.
- Spoonful of Almond Butter for extra protein and healthy fats.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of granola.
- Add a pinch of salt to bring out the flavors.
- Use frozen fruit, it’s always available, won’t go to waste and will thaw by morning.
We’ve got a ton of other healthy breakfast and brunch recipes for you to explore including:
- Cinnamon Apple Overnight Oats
- Healthy Applesauce Oat Muffins
- Strawberry Banana Protein Smoothie
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins
Strawberry Overnight Oats
- ½ cup strawberry yogurt
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk (or any milk)
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries , diced
- ½ banana , sliced
- 1-2 Tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- Mix yogurt and milk together.
- Stir in oats.
- Stir in fruit and chia seeds (if using).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Top with additional fruit and or honey in the morning, if desired. Enjoy!
Check out my webstory!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe July 2015. Updated January 2021.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you.