I’m convinced these Gingersnap Cookies are the BEST ones out there with their perfect crispy on the outside and chewy in the center texture.
There are typically two different kinds of Gingersnap Cookies in the world: soft baked ones, like my Ginger Molasses Cookies, and thinner, crispy ones. What I LOVE about this recipe is these Gingersnaps are the perfect balance of both; they’re crispy on the outside, but chewy in the center. They are the PERFECT Gingersnap Cookies, in my humble opinion.
Credit for this awesome recipe goes to my Mother-in-law, Brooke, who has been making them for decades, served with this delicious Pumpkin Dip.
How to make Gingersnap Cookies:
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
The dough for Gingersnap cookies can stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, covered well. When ready to bake, scoop into balls and add a few minutes to the bake time.
To freeze baked gingersnap cookies, allow them to cool completely, then store in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 3 months. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
- ¾ cup butter , room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin Dip , optional, for dipping
- Add butter and sugar to a mixing bowl and beat until well creamed together.
- Add egg and molasses and mix well to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- Scoop into balls and place on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes (or slightly longer if you like them more crispy).
- Optional: serve cookies with pumpkin dip.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.