Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps that are better-than-take-out and made from scratch in less than 30 minutes! Grilled chicken smothered in the tastiest general-tso’s inspired sauce with crunchy cashews, spooned into a crisp green lettuce cup.
We had a very BUSY weekend — swimming, BBQ’s with friends, errands, and a blown-out tire. I’m in need of an easy, stress-free dinner tonight and these lettuce wraps are at the top of my list!
They are not only incredibly easy, they are packed with sooo much flavor. I find myself making “yummy” noises with every bite. Does anyone else do that? My husband makes fun of me, but it’s totally subconscious. When I love what I’m eating it’s hard to keep quiet! hahaha.
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps start with chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces and sauteed over medium heat. Add a simple asian sauce that thickens right in the pan with the chicken. Stir-in some cashews at the end, and spoon everything into a lettuce cup.
What is the best lettuce to use for lettuce wraps?
You can use any type of green leafy lettuce for lettuce wraps, but popular types of lettuce include Boston bib lettuce and romaine hearts. The great thing about lettuce wraps is that they are easily modifiable when it comes to the filling and the wrapping. Cabbage leaves would also be a yummy substitute.
I often make these as a main dish, served with fresh fruit (or even a side of fried rice as well, if you want a “heartier” meal). You could also serve them as an appetizer.
Consider trying these delicious lettuce wrap recipes:
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Delicious, easy and bursting with flavor--there's so much to love about these Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps! Serve them as a main dish or appetizer.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil or substitute canola oil
- 1 - 2 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauces to taste
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 head green leafy lettuce (romaine, bib, or butter)
- 5 green onions , chopped, divided
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together the chicken stock, soy sauce, ginger, hoisin sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to hot skillet. Cook, flipping once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Reduce heat to low, add the sauce from the bowl and continue to cook, stirring, until thickened. Add sriracha hot sauce, to taste. Stir in cashews and most of the green onion, reserving a big handful for garnish at the end.
- Serve in cold lettuce cups. Top with remaining chopped green onions if desired.
Next time try one of these lettuce wrap recipes!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.