Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps – packed with flavor and absolutely delicious. An easy dinner you can make in less than 30 minutes!
Wow, today has been crazy. I woke up at 5am to a loud “pop” sound. The power went out. I looked out the window and it had snowed a few inches overnight and was still snowing. I didn’t make too much of the power thing since I’ve only had the power stay off for a few hours before–worst case scenario.
Turns out we went the entire day without power. No heat, no cell phone chargers, no internet, TV, microwave….it was ROUGH. Seriously made me think how much I take little things for granted, like working electricity in our home.
We were so beyond happy that the outage didn’t last longer. I know people have dealt with much worse.
So that explains why this post is a little late today (in case anyone noticed 😉 ).
I’ve had these Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps in my queue to post for awhile. They’re one of my favorites. We eat some variation of lettuce wraps regularly.
You can find some of my other favorite lettuce wraps here. These are leaner, with ground turkey, but they’re packed with flavor. I’m a proud mom when my 1 and 3 year-old gobble these up for dinner. Our whole family loves them!
What is the best lettuce to use for lettuce wraps?
You can use any type of green leafy lettuce for lettuce wraps, but popular types of lettuce include Boston bib lettuce and romaine hearts. The great thing about lettuce wraps is that they are easily modifiable when it comes to the filling and the wrapping. Cabbage leaves would also be a yummy substitute.
Consider trying these delicious lettuce wrap recipes:
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 red bell peppers , chopped
- 2 green onions , chopped
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced
- 1 cup water chestnuts , chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 romaine hearts , washed, leaves separated
- 1 pound ground turkey
For the marinade:
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the sauce:
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon natural rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- crushed red pepper flakes , to taste
- In a bowl, add the ground turkey and other marinade ingredients (soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil.) Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make the sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients and whisking until smooth. Set aside.
- Add a little olive oil to a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot at the turkey and stir and toss gently until cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, green onion, ginger, garlic and water chestnuts and brown rice. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the reserved sauce to the pan and cook for another minute or two until the sauce begins to thicken slightly. Serve warm, inside lettuce cups.
- You might also like Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.