These healthy and Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps are filled with a chicken mixture of cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, green onions, cilantro, and cashews.
Let’s face it, whether it’s an official New Year’s Resolution or not, eating healthy food is something most people strive to do this time of year. If you’re like me, you’re so burned out of holiday junk food and sweets that it’s refreshing to eat something healthy and fresh!
Last year around this time I posted these delicious Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps (my number one most popular post this year!) so I wanted to share a fun variation of them this year! These Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps really hit the spot!
What is the best lettuce to use for lettuce wraps?
You can use any type of green leafy lettuce for lettuce wraps, but popular types of lettuce include Boston bib lettuce and romaine hearts. The great thing about lettuce wraps is that they are easily modifiable when it comes to the filling and the wrapping. Cabbage leaves would also be a yummy substitute.
Consider trying these delicious lettuce wrap recipes:
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onion , chopped
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 cups cucumbers , seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot , shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/4 cup cashews , chopped
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- sriracha hot sauce , to taste
- romaine lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced chicken, green onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken mixture for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the cooked chicken mixture to a large bowl with the cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, cilantro, and cashews.
- In a separate small bowl combine the lime juice, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, and Sriracha.
- Pour mixture into the bowl with the veggies and chicken and toss to combine. Serve immediately in lettuce leaves.
- Next time try one of these lettuce wrap recipes!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.