Healthy Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps made with shredded chicken, apples, grapes, celery, almonds, craisins, and onion for light lunch or healthy dinner.
Healthy Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
You know how you’re not supposed to go to the store when you’re hungry, (to keep you from overspending)? Well I’ve found that some of my best recipe creating is done when I AM really hungry.
I get extra creative because everything in the fridge is fair game and I want to eat it all! I always have all of these ingredients on hand, so making these lettuce wraps was a no-brainer!
These healthy chicken salad lettuce wraps are like a kicked up version of traditional chicken salad, served in a lettuce leaf! The Greek yogurt dressing adds a nice healthy touch while helping it feel like a satisfying meal. I do like to add a spoonful of mayo just because I love the boost of flavor it gives to this healthy chicken lettuce wrap.
How to make healthy chicken lettuce wraps:
- Cook chicken
- Cut/prep fresh produce
- Make the dressing (Greek yogurt, mayo, lemon juice)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Serve in a lettuce leaf
What is the best lettuce to use for lettuce wraps?
Any type of green leafy lettuce will work for lettuce wraps, but popular types of lettuce include Boston bib lettuce and romaine hearts. You could also use cabbage leaves. The great thing about lettuce wraps is that they are easily adaptable when it comes to the filling and the wrapping! Use what you have on hand.
Looking for more Lettuce Wrap recipes? Some of my favorites include:
Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup celery , diced
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 1/2 cup grapes , red or green, halved
- 1/2 cup apple , diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries , diced
- 1/4 cup almonds , chopped
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 head Boston Bib lettuce , or romaine heart leaves, for serving
- Add a little olive oil to a saute pan over medium high heat.
- Chop the chicken and and season with salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of garlic powder. Saute for just a few minutes, until cooked through.
- In a large bowl toss together the chicken, celery, onion, grapes, apple, cranberries and almonds.
- In a small bowl combine the Greek yogurt, mayo, and lemon juice and stir well to combine.
- Add sauce to the large bowl with the chicken mixture and toss to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if needed.
- Wash lettuce and separate into leaves, patting them each dry with a paper towel.
- Add a large spoonful of the chicken mixture to each lettuce wrap.
- You might also like Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Check out my webstory!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I first shared this recipe in June 2015. Updated July 2019.