Better than take-out Ham Fried Rice Recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to make!
Fried Rice Recipe
Who’s in need of some EASY (like 30 minutes to make or less) meal ideas?! I have tons of great options for ya including:
- Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wraps
- One Pan Baked Ziti
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 15-minute Pork Chops in Creamy Mustard Sauce
Most people think of fried rice as a side dish served with Chinese food. This could absolutely be served that way (like with this general tso’s chicken or this kung pao chicken), BUT, it also has all of the makings of a great main dish.
It’s completely delicious and my whole family–toddlers included–asked for seconds. The key with great fried rice is to use cold leftover rice. If you try to use fresh hot rice it will get clumpy and stick together
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Thai Green Curry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- Korean Bulgogi Bowls
Better than take-out Ham Fried Rice recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to make!
- 3 cups cold leftover rice
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Tablespoons sesame oil (or peanut oil)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup carrot , peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup chopped ham
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 green onions chopped
- Leftover day-old rice works best, but if you want to make the rice the same day, make it in the morning and refrigerate until cold. Use wet fingers to separate the rice grains.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or frying pan. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add to the pan when the oil is hot.
Stir gently with a wooden spoon just until cooked. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add peas, carrots and ham and saute for several minutes. Remove to the bowl with the eggs.
Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the rice and toss every 30 seconds until it's lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken stock, soy sauce and green onion and toss to combine.
Add more soy sauce, to taste, if desired. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.