If you love chicken salad and avocados you will go crazy for these AVOCADO CHICKEN SALAD WRAPS! They make a healthy and delicious lunch that I can’t get enough of.
So, I’ve been really debating sharing this recipe with you guys. Not because they don’t taste good (they’re delicious!) but because they’re sooo simple, the pictures are not super exciting, and I wasn’t sure if anyone would be interested.
Then I thought of all my other simple recipes that you guys love, like this tomato avocado melt, and decided to share it. Chicken salad is a total classic, right? And this recipe has a little healthy flare that adds even more flavor.
The thing is, this is the type of meal I eat all the time. So whether or not it turns into a TBFS fan favorite, this blog is a compilation of my “real-life” recipes. Recipes that I make regularly and recipes that my family loves.
I never leave a grocery shopping trip to Costco without coming home with a Rotisserie chicken. They’re so fresh and delicious. I’ll usually use some of it, warm, for dinner that night, and the rest I will de-bone and use for meals later in the week.
I’ll make homemade chicken broth with the bones, and freeze it for chicken noodle soup another day, These baked creamy chicken taquitos are a favorite with my family.
I’ll also often make a big batch of avocado chicken salad with it. My kids love it on top of pretzel rolls, and I love to eat it for lunch inside lettuce wraps. The cold lettuce gives it a nice, fresh crunch, and I love the flavors of the chicken salad filling. You could also serve it as a sandwich, or eat it with whole wheat crackers.
What is the best lettuce to use for lettuce wraps?
You can use any type of green leafy lettuce for lettuce wraps, but popular types of lettuce include Boston bib lettuce and romaine hearts. The great thing about lettuce wraps is that they are easily modifiable when it comes to the filling and the wrapping. Cabbage leaves would also be a yummy substitute.
Consider trying these delicious lettuce wrap recipes:
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 2 cups cooked chicken , shredded (I use rotisserie)
- ¼ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons onions , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 avocado , seeded, peeled, diced
- romaine hearts or bib lettuce about 16 leaves
- Add chicken, yogurt, mayo, onion, and lemon juice to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in avocado.
- Serve in cold, crisp lettuce cups.
- You might also like Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.