This sweet and tangy Brussels Sprout Salad recipe is made with cranberries, pecans, chopped apples, feta cheese, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It’s quick to make and always a crowd favorite!
Why I love it:
- Make it Ahead of Time – I usually have all of the ingredients in my fridge already prepped. Shred the Brussels sprouts and make the dressing up to 1 week ahead of time. Cook the bacon and chop the apples several hours before and mix a little lemon juice over the apples to keep them from browning. This way you can just grab and toss everything together really quickly.
- Star of Potluck – Whenever we have parties with a large group, I always bring a big salad. This salad is always a crowd favorite!
- The Dressing: The 5-ingredient homemade maple balsamic vinaigrette is out of this world and takes seconds to throw together.
How to Make Brussels Sprouts Salad:
Shred the Brussels Sprouts. Remove the end of the stem and discard it. Then use a sharp knife to slice the Brussels sprouts as thin as possible or use a food processor with a slicing attachment.
Make Dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar. Place a lid on the jar and shake well.
Toss and Serve. Combine shredded Brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, apples, bacon, onion, and feta to a large bowl and pour desired amount of dressing over the salad, a little at a time (you may not use it all!), until coated. Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
- Add Protein: Make this salad a complete meal by adding chicken, air fryer chicken tenders, air fryer tofu, or your favorite protein!
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad: Use a mandoline or food processor to shave the Brussels sprouts.
- Kale and Brussel Sprouts Salad: Substitute some of the Brussels sprouts for fresh chopped kale.
More Recipes using Brussels Sprouts:
- Harvest Bowls
- Roasted Vegetables
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans
Follow me for more great recipes
Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts , rinsed and tough outer leaves pulled away
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- 1 large apple , chopped
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Hold the core end of a Brussels sprouts and, starting at the top, shred each Brussels sprout into as thin of slices as possible. Discard and large pieces of core.
- Place shredded Brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, apples, bacon, onion and feta in a large bowl.
- For the dressing (can be made several days in advance): Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar.
- Place a lid on the jar and shake well. Pour desired amount over the salad, a little at a time (you may not use it all!), until coated.
- Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
Macros Recipe Adaptation8 slices of turkey bacon, 2 lbs raw chicken breasts.
Per Serving Amount2.8 oz cooked chicken, 21.4 grams dressing, 17.6 grams apple, 2.3 grams green onion, 10.9 grams cranberries, 7.4 grams pecans, 6.8 grams feta, 68 grams Brussels sprouts, 1 slice turkey bacon.
Macros393kcal, Fat: 16g, Carbs: 29g, Protein: 33g. (serves 8) | MFP: Brussels Sprout Salad (TBFS Macros)
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe October 2016. Updated September 2020 and February 2022.
This post contains affiliate links.