This sweet and tangy Brussels Sprout Salad recipe is made with cranberries, pecans, chopped apples, feta cheese, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It’s quick to make and always a crowd favorite!
Want more salad recipes? Try my Taco Salad, Cauliflower Salad, Three Bean Salad, or Asian Chicken Salad!
Why I love it:
- Make it Ahead of Time – I usually have all of the ingredients in my fridge already prepped. Shred the Brussels sprouts and make the dressing up to 1 week ahead of time. Cook the bacon and chop the apples several hours before and mix a little lemon juice over the apples to keep them from browning. This way you can just grab and toss everything together really quickly.
- Star of Potluck – Whenever we have parties with a large group, I always bring a big salad. This salad is always a crowd favorite!
- The Dressing: The 5-ingredient homemade maple balsamic vinaigrette is out of this world and takes seconds to throw together.
How to Make Brussels Sprouts Salad:
Shred the Brussels Sprouts. Remove the end of the stem and discard it. Then use a sharp knife to slice the Brussels sprouts as thin as possible or use a food processor with a slicing attachment.
Make Dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar. Place a lid on the jar and shake well.
Toss and Serve. Combine shredded Brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, apples, bacon, onion, and feta to a large bowl and pour desired amount of dressing over the salad, a little at a time (you may not use it all!), until coated. Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
- Add Protein: Make this salad a complete meal by adding chicken, air fryer chicken tenders, air fryer tofu, or your favorite protein!
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad: Use a mandoline or food processor to shave the Brussels sprouts.
- Kale and Brussel Sprouts Salad: Substitute some of the Brussels sprouts for fresh chopped kale.
More Recipes using Brussels Sprouts:
- Harvest Bowls
- Roasted Vegetables
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Pecans
Follow me for more great recipes
Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts , rinsed and tough outer leaves pulled away
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- 1 large apple , chopped
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Hold the core end of a Brussels sprouts and, starting at the top, shred each Brussels sprout into as thin of slices as possible. Discard and large pieces of core.
- Place shredded Brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, apples, bacon, onion and feta in a large bowl.
- For the dressing (can be made several days in advance): Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar.
- Place a lid on the jar and shake well. Pour desired amount over the salad, a little at a time (you may not use it all!), until coated.
- Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe October 2016. Updated September 2020 and February 2022.
Well we are now OBSESSED with this! I made it was here because she needed a gluten-free dinner and now she’s sharing it with everyone she knows too.
Outstanding recipe. Shredded the brussel sprouts with a food processor. Didn’t have the cheese but it wasn’t missed. Goat cheese would be good also. The dressing is amazing. Perfect salad in every way. This will be a new favorite!
This salad was exactly what I’d been looking for. Even my kids loved it!
Absolutely Delicious!!!! So Healthy too!!!
I love brussels sprouts but I had never shredded them for a salad. It was delicious!