Delicious Harvest Bowls made with coconut rice, roasted autumn vegetables, and a homemade sweet curry sauce. They are as delicious as they are healthy!
This recipe for Harvest Bowls is one of my all-time favorite creations, and one I could eat every single week! It’s packed with so many ingredients I love, from the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, to the pecans and pomegranate, and especially my fabulous coconut rice. It’s simple to make and to customize with toppings you like or produce you need to use up from your fridge.
How to make Harvest Bowls:
Roast chopped sweet potato and halved Brussels sprouts on a large baking pan with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper for 18-30 minutes, until tender.
Make coconut rice by adding water, coconut milk, sugar, and salt to a large saucepan. Bring to boil, then stir in rice. Return to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before removing lid and fluffing with fork. (Or make Instant Pot Coconut Rice).
Make sauce by combining sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Whisk well and cook over medium heat until simmering and thickened. Remove from heat. If you like things extra saucy, double the sauce!
Season chicken with salt, pepper, and a little curry powder on all sides. Sauté or grill on medium high heat, flipping once, until cooked on through (165 degrees F). Rest on plate.
Assemble Harvest Bowls by adding a big spoonful of rice to the bowl. Top with grilled chicken, roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts, pecans, pomegranate arils, and sliced avocado. Drizzle a spoonful of sauce over the top. Serve warm.
- Rice: Any rice would work including white, brown, sushi rice, or jasmine rice.
- Vegetables: You can substitute a variety of vegetables including carrots, butternut squash, zucchini, broccoli, etc.
More Popular “Bowl” Recipes:
- Poke Bowl
- Buddha Bowl
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Bowls
- Spring Roll Bowls
- Fajita Bowls
- Hawaiian Bowls
- Sweetfire Chipotle Chicken Bowls
Follow me for more great recipes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread out chopped sweet potato and halved Brussels sprouts over a large baking pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast until the vegetables are tender and starting to brown, about 18-30 minutes.
- Cook the coconut rice while the vegetables are roasting. Add water, coconut milk, sugar, and salt to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then stir in rice.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork.
Sweet Curry Sauce:
- Add all sauce ingredients to a small saucepan. Whisk well to combine, particularly to dissolve the cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until simmering and just begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and a little curry powder on all sides. Sauté or grill over medium-high heat, flipping once, until cooked on both sides. Remove to a plate to rest.
Assemble Harvest Bowls:
- Add a big spoonful of coconut rice to a bowl. Top with grilled chicken and a spoonful each of roasted potatoes, Brussels sprouts, pecans, pomegranate arils, and sliced avocado. Drizzle a small spoonful of sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe November 2015. Updated October 2021 with new photos, and doubled the sauce.
This post contains affiliate links.