My absolute favorite Cauliflower Salad recipe is made with raw cauliflower, bacon and onion with and a sweet basil dressing that will have you hooked!
If there’s one salad recipe that’s guaranteed to a have guests asking for the recipe, it’s this delicious Cauliflower Salad. This recipe is my Mom’s and has been a family favorite forever! I love how unique it is and it couldn’t be easier to make.
How to cut cauliflower:
Start by removing the leaves from the base of the cauliflower. Next, use your knife to cut around the stem. As you do this, the cauliflower florets will naturally start to fall off. Use your knife to cut any big pieces into bite size pieces.
How to make Cauliflower Salad:
Make Dressing: Mix all dressing ingredients together and refrigerate. Can be made several days ahead of time.
Combine the cauliflower, bacon and onion in a bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing. Add lettuce and toss to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Make Ahead Instructions:
The dressing can be made up to 5 days ahead of time. We suggest making it the night before you serve the salad. You could also toss the entire salad with dressing, besides the lettuce, 1-2 days before. Add in the lettuce just before serving.
- Vegetarian Cauliflower Salad: Leave out the bacon.
- Add more veggies: Try adding shredded Brussels sprouts, chopped broccoli or carrots with the cauliflower for some extra crunch!
- 1 head romaine lettuce , chopped, or any leafy greens
- 1 head cauliflower , cored, chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion , chopped, or sweet onion, more if desired
- 8-10 slices cooked bacon , chopped
- Mix all dressing ingredients together. For best results, refrigerate dressing for at least an hour or up to 5 days ahead of time.
- Add salad ingredients to a bowl. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe April 2013. Updated July 2021.