This is one of my all time favorite salads. The flavor combinations of cauliflower, bacon, lemon and sweet basil are so unique, and may sound questionable, but make this salad absolutely delicious! This salad is a huge hit wherever we bring it!
Note: the dressing is best if made the night before you serve the salad.
- 1 head romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1 head cauliflower , cored, chopped
- 1 red onion , chopped
- 8 slices bacon , chopped
Lemon Basil Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 mayo, 1/2 Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tablespoon dry basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- dash nutmeg
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients together. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Add salad ingredients to a bowl. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy.