This is one of my all time favorite salads. The flavor combinations of cauliflower, bacon, lemon and sweet basil are so unique, and may sound questionable, but make this salad absolutely delicious! This salad is a huge hit wherever we bring it!
Note: the dressing is best if made the night before you serve the salad.
- 1 head romaine lettuce , chopped, or any leafy greens
- 1 head cauliflower , cored, chopped
- 1/4 of a red onion , chopped, or sweet onion, more if desired
- 8-10 slices cooked bacon , chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or 1/2 mayo, 1/2 Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 Tablespoons granulated sugar , to taste
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- dash nutmeg
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients together. For best results, refrigerate dressing for at least an hour or up to 5 days ahead of time.
- Add salad ingredients to a bowl. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Enjoy.