This really is the best 5-minute Homemade Salsa that tastes even better than what you’d enjoy at a Mexican restaurant. The ingredients are simple and inexpensive and it only takes a few minutes to make.
5-Minute Homemade Salsa
There is nothing EASIER than making homemade salsa and this recipe is absolutely restaurant quality. I love this version because it uses canned tomatoes but the taste is amazing and you can find the right ingredients all year long!
I honestly like this version, made with canned tomatoes, even better than salsa made with fresh tomatoes. I think the color and taste are more similar to the type of salsa you get at a Mexican restaurant. However, I do have a great recipe for Fresh Homemade Salsa if you’d like to use fresh tomatoes instead.
How to make Mexican Salsa:
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times, until you get the consistency you want.
That’s it! Store homemade salsa in the fridge for up to one week.
This is the salsa recipe I love to give as Christmas gifts to our friends and neighbors each year. The recipe will fill 3 pint jars, and then I add this simple free printable tag from my friend Rebecca, over at Crafted Sparrow. So cute and easy, and it’s a refreshing change from all of the sweet treats people receive during the holidays.
You can serve this salsa plain, with tortilla chips (it ever lasts longer than that at our house!), or make a big batch to serve with other Mexican dishes or even over eggs with your morning breakfast. Check out all of my favorite Mexican food recipes to serve salsa with!
What’s in homemade salsa?
- green chilies
- spices (salt, cumin)
- jalapeno pepper
How long will homemade salsa last in the refrigerator?
Homemade salsa will last for about 1 week in the refrigerator!
Consider trying these popular Mexican recipes:
5-Minute Homemade Salsa
- 28 ounce can whole tomatoes , drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles (each can is 10 ounces), I use Rotel brand, undrained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup onion chopped, I use sweet onion but red would also work well
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 large lime)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt , or more, to taste
- pinch granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons canned jalapeño peppers OPTIONAL, for hotter salsa (or use fresh).
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until no large chunks remain.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed, to taste.
- For best flavor, refrigerate salsa for at least 1-2 hours before serving. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- This recipe makes a little less than 6 cups of salsa. I like to fill 3 pint jars and and share with friends and neighbors.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.