These homemade Air Fryer Meatballs are perfectly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, and only take a few minutes to make. Whip together a big batch and Make a large batch and keep them in the freezer for a quick weeknight meal.
I fall more and more in love with my air fryer with every recipe I make, and these Air Fryer Meatballs are no exception! They only take 10 minutes to throw together, and the texture they get from cooking in the air fryer makes the BEST homemade meatballs! I love that they’re freezer friendly, so I can make a big batch for easy meal prep another day. Check out more air fryer tips and tricks!
Ground Beef: I like to use lean ground beef and you could also use ground turkey, or ground pork.
Egg: for binding. For egg allergies, use a flax egg substitute of 1 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water.
Crushed Saltine Crackers: ritz or club crackers would make a good substitute.
Beef Broth: vegetable broth of chicken broth could be substituted.
Spices: oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Flour: for dredging the meatballs. Helps create the crispy outer layer.
How to make Air Fryer Meatballs:
Mix Ingredients: Add all meatball ingredients EXCEPT the meat. Stir and rest for 10 minutes so the crackers can soak up the liquid. Add the meat and mix just until combined (don’t over mix).
Form Meatballs: Scoop meat mixture into 15 meatballs, about the size of golf balls, and gently sprinkle them all around with flour.
Air Fry: Preheat air fryer if needed. Spray basket with cooking spray and add meatballs in one layer leaving a little space between each. Air fry for 9-11 minutes or until cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Store leftover meatballs in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Make it a Meal! Serve Air Fryer Meatballs with:
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: These meatballs can be made and shaped one day ahead of time (depending on the freshness of the meat). Keep in an airtight container in the fridge then cook when you’re ready.
To Freeze: for uncooked meatballs, “flash freeze” on a cookie sheet first to prevent them from sticking together. Both cooked and uncooked meatballs freeze well in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge, then cook or reheat in the air fryer.
Follow me for more great recipes
Air Fryer Meatballs
- 1/2 cup saltine crackers , crushed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour , for dredging
- In a large bowl combine all of the meatball ingredients together EXCEPT for the meat. Stir and rest for 10 minutes so the crackers can soak up the liquid. Add the meat and mix just until combined (don’t over mix).
- Form 15 meatballs, about the size of golf balls, and gently sprinkle them all around with flour.
- Preheat air fryer to 400. Spray the basket with cooking spray, add meatballs in one layer leaving a little space between each.
- Air fry for 9-11 minutes or until cooked through. Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Store leftover meatballs in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing the products I love.
This post contains affiliate links.