Shredded chicken, cheese, and a creamy salsa blend melt together inside a crispy toasted tortilla. Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos is an easy meal you can make in less than 30-minutes!
So, some of you may remember that I’m a total COSTCO addict. I love pretty much everything in that store, and it’s my go-to place for tons of items. And they give out tons of samples. Enough said.
I never, ever leave the store without a rotisserie chicken. They are so delicious and fresh. Plus they are huge, and only cost $5! Can’t beat it. When I get home we will usually eat part of the rotisserie chicken for dinner, and the rest goes into a meal later–like these chicken taquitos, stuffed shells, burritos, or soup.
I always use the leftover bones to make chicken broth for the freezer. (A big batch of freezer stock always comes in handy for a quick batch of homemade chicken noodle soup!) One rotisserie chicken = so many meal options! #winning
These Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos are one of my go-to meals when I want to throw something together that’s delicious and FAST. I even like to make the “filling” in the morning, so all I need to do before dinner is roll it in the tortillas and stick them in the oven. Easy and completely delicious!
Can I freeze them?
Yes! These taquitos make for a great freezer meal. Make the filling as instructed and roll up in tortillas (either uncooked or regular flour tortillas). Place in a freezer ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Remove from freezer and place them on a greased baking sheet. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until warmed through and crisp on the outside.
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups cooked chicken , shredded (I use rotisserie)
- 6 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup salsa your favorite kind
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper for taste
- 8-10 large flour tortillas (*see note)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Add cream cheese, salsa and sour cream to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the tortillas) and toss to combine. Taste and add more seasoning, if needed.
- Place a large spoonful of filling in a line along a flour tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side down on prepared pan.
- Repeat with remaining filling mixture and tortillas. Lightly brush the tops of the tortillas with a little bit of oil, or spray them with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees F, for 18-22 minutes or until tortillas are cooked and lightly golden brown.
To Freeze:See my note above the recipe for freezer meal instructions.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.