These easy BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are served with a tangy, crunchy pineapple slaw and are perfect for any occasion from parties and potlucks to casual family dinner.
I use my go-to slow cooker BBQ pulled pork recipe for these sandwiches, but you can also cook the pork in the oven or instant pot. (If you’re in a big hurry you could even use Costco’s Smoked Pulled Pork, with is fantastic!).
The BBQ sauce used to coat the meat is just as important as the meat itself! I’ll usually use homemade BBQ sauce, or Sweet Baby Rays, for convenience. I think the slaw adds a necessary crunchy and flavor that makes the sandwiches stand out, but you could leave it off if you want.
How to make BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches:
- Season and cook pork in oven, slow cooker or instant pot. Shred meat and add BBQ sauce, stirring to coat.
- While pork cooks, make the slaw by combining all of the slaw ingredients in one bowl, and the dressing ingredients in another. Pour dressing over the slaw and toss well to combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until ready to serve.
- Serve BBQ pulled pork on buns, topped with slaw, if desired.
Storing and Freezing Instructions:
Store leftover BBQ pulled pork in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. To reheat, add a little water and additional BBQ sauce to moisten the meat. Cover and reheat in microwave, slow cooker, or 250 degree oven until warm (165 degrees).
Recipes to use up leftover BBQ Pulled Pork:
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
For the Slaw:
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1/2 red bell pepper , finely diced
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh pineapple juice (just use any reserved from cutting the pineapple)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pork: Season and cook pork in oven, slow cooker or instant pot. Shred meat and add BBQ sauce, stirring to coat.
- Make Slaw: Mix the slaw and dressing ingredients in two separate bowls. Pour dressing over slaw and stir well to combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until ready to serve.
- Assemble: Serve pulled pork on buns, topped with slaw, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe June 2015. Updated May 2020 with process photos and clearer instructions.
This post contains affiliate links.