These BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are served with a fresh and delicious Pineapple Mango Slaw. This is an easy weeknight or fun weekend dinner idea.
When summertime comes I love two things: grilling, and using fresh seasonal fruit and veggies. My current obsession is fresh pineapple. Like in these Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Teriyaki Bowls with grilled pineapple. Those were fantastic. And I used my leftover pineapple to make these BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Pineapple Mango Slaw, and boy were they delicious!
The BBQ pulled pork in this recipe is made in the slow cooker, so it’s easier than ever. (And if you’re in a hurry you could use Costco’s Smoked Pulled Pork, with is fantastic!).
Douse the meat in some of your favorite BBQ sauce ( I love Sweet Baby Ray’s) and it’s just plain amazing. Then there’s this simple pineapple mango slaw that adds the perfect sweet and tangy crunch. Serve the sandwiches with some baked beans or a side of fruit and you’ve got the perfect summer meal!
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Pineapple Mango Slaw
For the BBQ Pork
- 2 1/2 pounds pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon oil , or vegetable oil
- 1-2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup water
- barbecue sauce
- 8-10 buns , toasted
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1/2 red bell pepper , finely diced
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 1 heaping Tablespoon fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/2 cup mango , diced
- 1/2 cup pineapple , diced
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh pineapple juice (just use any reserved from cutting the pineapple)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Trim fat from the pork roast.
- Cut the pork into 2-3 large pieces and season each piece with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add all the pieces of pork and sear for 1 minute on each side, just until browned.
- Transfer the pork to slow cooker.
- Add the liquid smoke and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Meanwhile make the slaw by combining all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then pour over the slaw and toss well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred into bite-sized pieces (discard any pieces of fat).
- Toss with BBQ sauce, to taste.
- Place a large spoonful of BBQ pork on the bottom half of a toasted bun.
- Top with a large spoonful of pineapple mango slaw and the top half of the bun. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.