These easy BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are served with a tangy, crunchy pineapple slaw and are perfect for any occasion from parties and potlucks to casual family dinner.
I use my go-to slow cooker BBQ pulled pork recipe for these sandwiches, but you can also cook the pork in the oven or instant pot. (If you’re in a big hurry you could even use Costco’s Smoked Pulled Pork, with is fantastic!).
The BBQ sauce used to coat the meat is just as important as the meat itself! I’ll usually use homemade BBQ sauce, or Sweet Baby Rays, for convenience. I think the slaw adds a necessary crunchy and flavor that makes the sandwiches stand out, but you could leave it off if you want.
How to make BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches:
- Season and cook pork in oven, slow cooker or instant pot. Shred meat and add BBQ sauce, stirring to coat.
- While pork cooks, make the slaw by combining all of the slaw ingredients in one bowl, and the dressing ingredients in another. Pour dressing over the slaw and toss well to combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until ready to serve.
- Serve BBQ pulled pork on buns, topped with slaw, if desired.
Storing and Freezing Instructions:
Store leftover BBQ pulled pork in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator. To reheat, add a little water and additional BBQ sauce to moisten the meat. Cover and reheat in microwave, slow cooker, or 250 degree oven until warm (165 degrees).
Recipes to use up leftover BBQ Pulled Pork:
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 1 recipe pulled pork
- 10-12 slider buns or rolls
- 2 cups BBQ sauce , homemade or store-bought
For the Slaw:
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1/2 red bell pepper , finely diced
- 1 green onion , chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh pineapple juice (just use any reserved from cutting the pineapple)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pork: Season and cook pork in oven, slow cooker or instant pot. Shred meat and add BBQ sauce, stirring to coat.
- Make Slaw: Mix the slaw and dressing ingredients in two separate bowls. Pour dressing over slaw and stir well to combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until ready to serve.
- Assemble: Serve pulled pork on buns, topped with slaw, if desired.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe June 2015. Updated May 2020 with process photos and clearer instructions.
Delicious! The slaw is amazing!
I am excited to make this! Can the slaw be prepped in the morning to have later in the afternoon? Thank you for all your amazing recipes!!!
Yes, the slaw can definitely be prepped in the morning and stored in the refrigerator until later in the afternoon. I’m glad you’re excited to make it! Thank you for your kind words and support of my recipes!
Yes, the slaw can definitely be prepped in the morning and stored in the refrigerator until later in the afternoon. We are glad you’re excited to make it! Thank you for your kind words and support of the recipes!
I have two very honest food critics in my household who happen to be 6 & 9 yrs old – they have rated this recipe as their favorite meal 😀 it really is that good!
This is the second time I’ve made this recipe. The first time I was weary about mango in the slaw but it complemented my sandwich so well & the Hawaiian buns I chose to use. Soo delicious!
This is fabulous. I have yet to make one of your recipes and not fall in love!
So the first time I made this I followed the recipe exactly. It was fabulous like I said. I froze some of the pulled pork and wanted it for dinner tonight. I did not have the all of the ingredients for the slaw so here’s what I did. I chopped up some broccoli, jicama, fresh jalapeño and cilantro. I used the slaw dressing exactly as the recipe states. Wow this turned out really good.
I also went on the Internet and tried to follow someone else’s recipes for a week. I made two of the recipes because I didn’t like the first one and I thought well maybe it was the recipe. Nope. So I came back to your recipes and I found recipes for all the ingredients I already had for the other website and made your recipes instead. Your stuff is so good. Thanks for doing all the hard work and making me look good.
This is the best compliment I could get! Thank you so much Cindy!
this was absolutely delicious my family loved it!
See More Comments