BBQ Chicken Pizza
We love making homemade pizza on the weekends because it’s easy, cheap, and fun! When making BBQ chicken pizza I usually use rotisserie chicken because I love the flavor and it cuts the prep time in half, but you can cook your own chicken and shred it. No restaurant pizza compares to this yummy homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe!
Homemade Pizza Dough:
If you have made pizza dough before then you probably know that it’s super easy. My pizza dough recipe uses SEVEN simple pantry ingredients: (water, oil, sugar, yeast, salt, vinegar, and flour)! It’s every bit as good (or better than) your favorite restaurant pizza dough and it’s so cheap and easy. I pre-bake the dough for about 6 minutes before adding my toppings.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Spread pizza crust dough with a thin layer of BBQ sauce
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken to a bowl and cover it with some bbq sauce.
- Top pizza with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, sliced red onion, and shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Add remaining cup of cheese, and sprinkle with cilantro, to taste.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 -15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
Do you have to cook the chicken for BBQ chicken pizza?
Yes! It’s not recommended to put raw chicken on the uncooked pizza because the pizza only cooks for 8-10 minutes and that will not be enough time for the chicken to cook through.
Additional Toppings for BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Pineapple tidbits
- Blue cheese
- Gouda cheese
CHECK OUT ALL MY PIZZA RECIPES: SOME OF MY FAVORITES INCLUDE:
Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and prebake your pizza dough for 6 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of bbq sauce on top of the pre-baked pizza crust. Then top with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and sliced red onion.
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken to a bowl and cover it with a few tablespoons of bbq sauce. Toss to combine. Spread chicken pieces over the pizza.
- Sprinkle another thin layer of cheese on top of the pizza, and add chopped cilantro, to taste.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 -15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this post March 2013. Updated March 2019.