We love making homemade pizza on the weekends because it’s easy, cheap, and fun! I save time by using a rotisserie chicken, but any cooked, shredded chicken will work. (Don’t put raw chicken on your pizza or it will not have enough time to cook through). I used that saved time to make favorite homemade pizza dough, but you could also use store-bought.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Pizza:
- Spread pizza crust dough with a thin layer of BBQ sauce. (I pre-bake my homemade pizza dough for 6 minutes before adding toppings.)
- Add cooked, shredded chicken to a bowl and cover it with bbq sauce.
- Top pizza with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, sliced red onion, and shredded rotisserie chicken.
- Add remaining cup of cheese, and sprinkle with cilantro, to taste.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 -15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are bubbly.
Additional Toppings Ideas:
- Pineapple tidbits
- Blue cheese
- Gouda cheese
Make Ahead Instructions:
You can prepare bbq chicken pizza up to one day ahead of time. Roll out the dough for the crust and bake for 6 minutes. Layer with toppings, cover well with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to bake.
CHECK OUT ALL MY PIZZA RECIPES: SOME OF MY FAVORITES INCLUDE:
Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and prebake your pizza dough for 6 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of bbq sauce on top of the pre-baked pizza crust. Then top with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese and sliced red onion.
- Add shredded rotisserie chicken to a bowl and cover it with a few tablespoons of bbq sauce. Toss to combine. Spread chicken pieces over the pizza.
- Sprinkle another thin layer of cheese on top of the pizza, and add chopped cilantro, to taste.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 -15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this post March 2013. Updated March 2019.
This post contains affiliate links.