Chicken in a creamy Thai peanut sauce topped with a fresh pineapple slaw and served in a flour tortilla.
If you haven’t noticed, I have a bit of an addiction to Thai food. I really love adding Thai flavors to ordinary foods (like pizza and tacos!) Take this Thai Chicken Pizza, or this Thai Quinoa Salad , for example. And these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are one of the most popular recipes on my blog. The best part about all of these recipes is they are beyond easy to make. Seriously.
These Thai Peanut Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Slaw are To. Die. For! I have to make them after my little guy has gone to sleep (since he’s allergic to peanuts), but that’s okay because my husband and I have no problem inhaling the entire meal by ourselves. The original recipe comes from Jen over at Carlsbad Cravings –I just added some more things to the slaw, and adjusted the peanut sauce a little. These are GOOOOOOD. Like really, really good.
For best results we like to use a 1/3 chicken mixture to 2/3 slaw ratio–layer your tortilla with just a spoonful of the peanut chicken, and then several spoonfuls of slaw. The flavor combo is amazing, and the crunch of the slaw goes so well with the creamy chicken in peanut sauce. Hope you guys love these as much as we do!
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp fresh ground ginger (or 3/4 tsp dried ground ginger)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups fresh chopped pineapple
- 3 cups packaged broccoli slaw
- 1/2 of a cucumber, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Make the slaw by combining all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.
- In a medium size bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, Sriracha, dried basil, black pepper and cornstarch. Add chicken pieces and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and marinade to the hot pan. Cook, stirring, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened. Add peanut butter and still until incorporated and smooth. Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon the chicken mixture into your tortilla and spoon the slaw on top. I like to use a 1/3 chicken to 2/3 slaw ratio. Top with a drizzle of Sriracha, if desired. Eat immediately.
Try some of my other Thai inspired recipes: