This Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry is made with chicken, broccoli, bell peppers, peanuts and a homemade asian stir-fry sauce.
I’m a total sucker for take-out. Whether it’s Chinese, Thai and Indian food are my favorite! We don’t eat out very often, so I love to concoct “better than takeout” meals from home. Some of my favorites include:
What’s not to love about a noodle stir-fry tossed in Kung Pao sauce? This recipe is really easy, and I love all of the fresh colorful veggies in it! You could even mix it up and add snap peas, water chestnuts or carrots too. An amazing, restaurant quality dish made from home in less than 30 minutes!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Thai Green Curry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- Korean Bulgogi Bowls
Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable/canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to increase spiciness)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 red bell pepper (or yellow), sliced
- 1 green bell pepper , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets , steamed
- 2 green onions , chopped
For the Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root , finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Make the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add red pepper flakes and peanuts to oil and stir until peanuts are golden brown and toasted (about 2 minutes).
- Remove peanuts and pepper flakes to a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the chicken, cooking for a few minutes on each side, just until cooked through. Remove to a plate to rest.
- Add veggies to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove to the plate with the chicken.
- Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Make the sauce by whisking all ingredients together.
- Add sauce to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
- Add the cooked noodles to the pan and toss to coat them in the sauce.
- Add the stir-fried veggies, chicken, peanuts, and green onion to the pan and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.