Easy to make and fun to eat, these French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups are always popular with my family. A yummy twist on traditional french toast.
I’m craving all the carbs lately–especially when it comes to breakfast foods. Traditional French Toast has always been one of my favorite breakfasts and these French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups are a fun little twist to an old favorite. My kids LOVE these and especially love to help me make them.
But really, what’s not to love? Delicious cinnamon dipped french toast with a yummy sausage rolled up in the center. Dip them in your favorite syrup! And if you feel like making a big batch you can always freeze the leftovers for a quick grab-and-go breakfast for your kids.
- 8-10 slices soft and white or wheat sandwich bread
- 8-10 cooked sausage links
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Slice crust off of bread. Use a rolling pin or your hands to flatten the bread. Place a sausage link on the front edge of the bread and roll up tightly like a taquito.
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Grease well with butter.
- To a shallow dish add the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and flour.
- Dip sausage roll ups into the egg mixture, rolling gently to coat all sides, and place on hot griddle. Cook for a few minutes, turning gently as you go, until golden brown on all sides. Serve warm, served with syrup.