CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
Crunchy French Toast is french toast coated in crushed corn flakes. This is a must try breakfast recipe and is sure to become a family favorite!
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 thick slices bread (like Texas Toast)
- 2 heaping cups corn flakes
- 1-2 Tbsp butter
- In a shallow pie dish add the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla and whisk well to combine.
- Place the corn flakes in a zip-lock bag and crush with your hands or a rolling pin until they are about the size of rolled oats. Spread the crushed corn flakes into another shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of bread into the egg mixture and then press gently into the crushed corn flakes, flipping to coat both sides.
- Melt a small piece of butter in a skillet over medium heat; add the bread and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, until golden,and then flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve with your favorite syrup and fruit!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.