If you’re looking to up your breakfast game you’ve got to try our Brioche French Toast, made with a creamy, custard batter and French brioche bread.
Why I love this recipe:
- The Bread – Brioche bread is traditional French bread made with more butter and egg yolks then regular French bread, for a soft texture and sweet, rich buttery flavor. Truly, the brioche bread is the star of this recipe so be sure to look for it in the bakery section of the store, made with real butter and eggs. If you don’t see it there, you can find lesser quality brioche near the regular sandwich breads, that will work.
- Custard-like Batter – The cream and flour in this recipe help create a really creamy, custard-like sauce that makes excellent french toast. (Flour is my secret ingredient in traditional French Toast as well, for this same reason).
- Toppings – For a truly elevated experience, make our EASY Homemade syrup and serve with fresh fruit, and a spoonful of whipped cream.
How to make Brioche French Toast:
Preheat Griddle: Heat to 350 degrees F or heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Blend Ingredients: Add all ingredients, except the bread, to a blender or to a shallow dish then whisk well to combine. If whisking by hand, it’s okay if the flour doesn’t mix in completely smooth.
Dip Bread and Cook: After greasing the griddle with butter, dip the bread into the batter on both sides and place on hot pan. Cook for a few minutes, until the bottom of the bread starts to get golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side the same.
Serve this easy brioche french toast warm, with syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar or whipped cream and a side of fresh berries.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- German Pancakes
- Belgian Waffles
- Strawberries and Cream Crepes
- Breakfast Skillet
- Cinnamon Roll Biscuits
- Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Crab Cake Benedict
Follow me for more great recipes
Brioche French Toast
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees F or heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Make batter: Add all ingredients, except the bread, to a blender or to a shallow dish and whisk well to combine. If whisking by hand, it's okay if the flour doesn't mix to be completely smooth.
- Cook: Grease griddle with butter. Dip bread slices into the egg mixture, dredging them well on both sides, and place on hot pan. Cook for a few minutes, until the bottom of the breads starts to get golden brown. Flip and cook on the other side the same.
- Serve warm with syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
I originally shared this recipe August 2019. Updated September 2021 and December 2023.
This post contains affiliate links.