This Pumpkin French Toast recipe is a delicious twist on traditional french toast and includes pumpkin puree and fall spices!
When the first week of September arrives, I feel like I can officially embrace the fact that Fall is on its way–my favorite time of the year!
I’ve been itching to start making pumpkin recipes for weeks now, and I finally gave in with this amazing Pumpkin French Toast.
I adapted it from my Classic French Toast recipe by adding some canned pumpkin and other fall spices to the mix. I must admit, this may be my new favorite “fall” breakfast! So yummy!
Some of my favorite PUMPKIN RECIPES include:
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin French Toast
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 thick slices bread (like Texas toast or french bread)
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat and grease well with butter.
- Mix all ingredients, except the bread, together in a shallow dish and whisk until smooth. Dip bread into the batter, coating both sides. Place bread onto hot griddle or skillet and cook for a few minutes, until browned on the bottom. Flip and cook on the other side. Serve warm with syrup and powdered sugar.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.