This Pumpkin French Toast is full of rich pumpkin and cinnamon spice flavors that are irresistible! It’s easy enough to make for breakfast any day of the week, and fancy enough for guests and holidays.
How to Make Pumpkin French Toast:
- Combine ingredients: Mix eggs, pumpkin, milk, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and spices in a shallow dish and whisk until smooth. (You could also use a blender to get the batter extra smooth).
- Cook: Dip bread into the batter, coating both sides. Place bread onto hot griddle or skillet and cook for a few minutes, until browned on the bottom. Flip and cook on the other side.
Serve warm with syrup, or cinnamon syrup.
What’s the best bread for Pumpkin French Toast?
Any bread will work, but we prefer thick white bread! I like to use Sara Lee Artensano bread, Texas toast or kick it up a notch with challah or brioche bread. You could also use french bread.
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: Pumpkin french toast tastes bests made fresh but if you want to save time, you can make the batter a few hours ahead of time. Store it, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To freeze:Once cooled, store in a freezer safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw, then rewarm in toaster or microwave.
Some of my favorite PUMPKIN RECIPES include:
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin French Toast
- Griddle optional
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat and grease well with butter.
- Mix all ingredients, except the bread, together in a shallow dish or blender and whisk until smooth. Dip bread into the batter, coating both sides. Place bread onto hot griddle or skillet and cook for a few minutes, until browned on the bottom. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve warm with syrup and powdered sugar.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe September 2015. Updated October 2020.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you.