This Pumpkin French Toast is full of rich pumpkin and cinnamon spice flavors that are irresistible! It’s easy enough to make for breakfast any day of the week, and fancy enough for guests and holidays.
If you love French toast, our Classic French Toast has RAVE reviews. We also love Brioche French Toast, Crunchy French Toast, and French Toast Casserole.
Any morning that includes Pumpkin French Toast is a happy morning at our house! I love the combination of fall flavors, and I especially love it served with homemade syrup or cinnamon syrup.
How to Make Pumpkin French Toast:
- Combine ingredients: Mix eggs, pumpkin, milk, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and spices in a shallow dish and whisk until smooth. (You could also use a blender to get the batter extra smooth).
- Cook: Dip bread into the batter, coating both sides. Place bread onto hot griddle or skillet and cook for a few minutes, until browned on the bottom. Flip and cook on the other side.
Serve warm with syrup, or cinnamon syrup.
What’s the best bread for Pumpkin French Toast?
Any bread will work, but we prefer thick white bread! I like to use Sara Lee Artensano bread, Texas toast or kick it up a notch with challah or brioche bread. You could also use french bread.
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: Pumpkin french toast tastes bests made fresh but if you want to save time, you can make the batter a few hours ahead of time. Store it, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To freeze:Once cooled, store in a freezer safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw, then rewarm in toaster or microwave.
Some of my favorite PUMPKIN RECIPES include:
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Cream Syrup
- Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Classic Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Pumpkin French Toast
- Griddle optional
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 thick slices bread
- Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat and grease well with butter.
- Mix all ingredients, except the bread, together in a shallow dish or blender and whisk until smooth. Dip bread into the batter, coating both sides. Place bread onto hot griddle or skillet and cook for a few minutes, until browned on the bottom. Flip and cook on the other side.
- Serve warm with syrup and powdered sugar.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe September 2015. Updated October 2020.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products with you.
I don’t know what I love more – the french toast or the smell in my kitchen while making these. These continue to be a family favorite as we make them at least once every two weeks. Such a fun twist on french toast and so yummy!!
Our son made this for breakfast during our Thanksgiving 2018 holidays, and it was scrumptious!
Great Recipe! Such a fun twist on french toast.