Blacked chili lime chicken topped with a fresh mango avocado salsa and served in a cheesy tortilla.
I’m a total sucker for wraps. I think it’s because they fall under the, “I don’t know what to make for dinner, so what can I throw in a tortilla?” category. I give my fridge the once over, pull out any fresh produce (in this case, avocado, mango and cilantro) and I whip together a super quick dinner. Marinate the chicken in a bunch of spices from the pantry, throw together a simple fresh salsa, and BAM–a flavorful, delicious dinner made in a flash! These Chili Lime Chicken Wraps with Mango Avocado Salsa wont disappoint!
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied--sliced horizontally in half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 heaping Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2-1 whole serrano pepper, seeds and veins removed, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt, to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together the chili powder, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar salt and pepper and cayenne. Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and brown on one side for 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for a few minutes more until cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow to rest while preparing the rest of the wrap.
- Make the mango avocado salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Turn oven to high broil. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the two large flour tortillas, and place them on a large baking sheet. Broil on high, just until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and place on top of the melted cheese. Top with a few spoonfuls of mango avocado salsa and roll into a wrap, securing with toothpicks if needed. Serve immediately.
Try some of my other favorite wraps: