Blacked Chili Lime Chicken topped with a fresh mango avocado salsa and served in a cheesy tortilla.
I’m a total sucker for wraps. I think it’s because they fall under the, “I don’t know what to make for dinner, so what can I throw in a tortilla?” category. I give my fridge the once over, pull out any fresh produce (in this case, avocado, mango and cilantro) and I whip together a super quick dinner.
Marinate the chicken in a bunch of spices from the pantry, throw together a simple fresh salsa, and BAM–a flavorful, delicious dinner made in a flash! These Chili Lime Chicken Wraps with Mango Avocado Salsa wont disappoint!
Consider trying these “wraps”:
- Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Wrap
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Crispy Southwest Wrap
- Chicken Cashew Crunch Wrap
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
Blacked chili lime chicken topped with a fresh mango avocado salsa and served in a cheesy tortilla.
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), butterflied--sliced horizontally in half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 ripe mango , peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 avocado , pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 4 heaping Tablespoons fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/2-1 whole serrano peppers , seeds and veins removed, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt , to taste
In a small bowl whisk together the chili powder, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar salt and pepper and cayenne.
Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and brown on one side for 3-5 minutes.
Flip and cook on the other side for a few minutes more until cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow to rest while preparing the rest of the wrap.
- Make the mango avocado salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
Turn oven to high broil.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the two large flour tortillas, and place them on a large baking sheet.
Broil on high, just until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and place on top of the melted cheese.
Top with a few spoonfuls of mango avocado salsa and roll into a wrap, securing with toothpicks if needed. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.