Blacked Chili Lime Chicken topped with a fresh mango avocado salsa and served in a cheesy tortilla.
I’m a total sucker for wraps. I think it’s because they fall under the, “I don’t know what to make for dinner, so what can I throw in a tortilla?” category. I give my fridge the once over, pull out any fresh produce (in this case, avocado, mango and cilantro) and I whip together a super quick dinner.
Marinate the chicken in a bunch of spices from the pantry, throw together a simple fresh salsa, and BAM–a flavorful, delicious dinner made in a flash! These Chili Lime Chicken Wraps with Mango Avocado Salsa wont disappoint!
Don’t miss my tutorial for how to cut a mango!
Consider trying these “wraps”:
- Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Wrap
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Crispy Southwest Wrap
- Chicken Cashew Crunch Wrap
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
Chili Lime Chicken Wraps with Mango Avocado Salsa
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), butterflied--sliced horizontally in half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- dash cayenne pepper
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 ripe mango , peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 avocado , pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 4 heaping Tablespoons fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1/2-1 whole serrano peppers , seeds and veins removed, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt , to taste
- In a small bowl whisk together the chili powder, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar salt and pepper and cayenne.
- Add the chicken breasts to the marinade and allow to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken and brown on one side for 3-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook on the other side for a few minutes more until cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow to rest while preparing the rest of the wrap.
- Make the mango avocado salsa by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Turn oven to high broil.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over the two large flour tortillas, and place them on a large baking sheet.
- Broil on high, just until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips and place on top of the melted cheese.
- Top with a few spoonfuls of mango avocado salsa and roll into a wrap, securing with toothpicks if needed. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.