Healthy Cashew Chicken Wraps made with grilled chicken, cabbage, snap peas, carrots, lettuce, onions, and vinaigrette all wrapped in a tortilla.
Chicken Wraps are basically a staple at our house. We like to mix it up with different types of wrap recipes including: Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps, Chicken Caesar Wrap, and Chicken Bacon Avocado Wrap. You can never go wrong with a healthy wrap for a quick dinner, lunch, or snack!
These Cashew Chicken Wraps are an old recipe from my blog that I’ve been anxious to redo and share with you again. If any recipes deserves a facelift, it’s this one! These chicken wraps were probably the first homemade wraps I ever had and definitely the best tortilla wrap recipe out there.
All the credit for these chicken tortilla wraps goes to my mom. She’s made them for our family for as long as I can remember and we LOVE them.
The snap peas and the cashews are my favorite part of these chicken wraps but all of the ingredients fit seamlessly together to make the most delicious, crunchy, chicken wraps.
Ingredients in these Chicken Wraps:
- Cooked chicken. I love grilled chicken but any kind will work.
- Purple cabbage.
- Bell Pepper
- Snap peas.
- Vinaigrette dressing. I love to use Costco’s creamy vinaigrette but any type will work!
- Romaine lettuce.
- Large tortillas. Spinach, white, or wheat tortillas are great
I love this recipe because you can really use whatever you have on hand and adapt the recipe. Substitute different fresh veggies, or nuts. You can’t go wrong! You could even leave out the chicken to make them veggie wraps.
How to Make Cashew Chicken Wraps:
- Prep the filling. Add cooked and chopped chicken, cabbage, bell pepper, carrots, cashews, and snap peas and toss them together in a large bowl.
- Add dressing. Drizzle the vinaigrette dressing over the top of the filling and toss to combine.
- Layer the tortilla. Lay one romaine leaf on each tortilla. Then top the lettuce leaf with a big spoonful of chicken cashew mixture.
- Roll. Roll into a wrap and secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
Are Chicken Wraps Healthy?
People often want to know if chicken wraps are bad for you or healthy. Dietitians agree, it totally depends on the content of the wrap. Often, wraps are advertised as a healthy options when they really aren’t that healthy. However, wraps can be filled with all types of healthy nutrients.
What makes a wrap unhealthy?
When judging if a wrap is healthy or not, look for saturated (or unhealthy) fats. These unhealthy fats are found in cheese, fattier meats (like red meat), and in creamy dressing.
The dressing on a wrap can sometimes be the most unhealthy thing. The healthiest dressings are thinner, runnier, and not cream based. So choose a vinaigrette instead of ranch or simply ask for the dressing on the side!
What makes a wrap healthy?
First check out the protein. Does the wrap contain legumes, beans, nuts or vegetables? A healthy wrap should be heavier on the vegetables and lighter on the meat!
Choose leaner meats like chicken and turkey over red meat. Also choose wraps with grilled meat instead of fried meat. And, as stated above, be careful about the dressing!
Check out all my wrap recipes! Some of my favorites include::
- Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Wrap
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Crispy Southwest Wrap
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Chicken Cashew Crunch Wraps
- 1 pound cooked chicken , chopped
- 3/4 cup red cabbage , finely chopped/shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 2/3 cup snap peas
- 1/2 red bell pepper , chopped
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup of your favorite creamy vinaigrette dressing
- 5 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 4-5 large flour tortillas , spinach, white or wheat tortillas
- To a large mixing bowl add cooked and chopped chicken, cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, cashews, and snap peas and toss together.
- Drizzle dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Lay one romaine leaf on each tortilla.
- Top with a big spoonful of chicken cashew mixture.
- Roll into a wrap and secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.