You can make this amazing Pitaya Bowl recipe from home with frozen dragonfruit, pineapple, banana and coconut water. Add protein powder for an extra boost and top with fresh fruit, granola, and a drizzle of honey.
Why I love this recipe:
- Impressive and Easy: These pitaya bowls look like they came from a gourmet smoothie place, but you can whip them together in less than 10 minutes.
- Filling: I love a good healthy breakfast that leaves me feeling satisfied. Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to make these even more satiating.
- Beautiful – The frozen dragonfruit makes it a bright pink color that will make you feel like you’re in Hawaii! The toppings are the best part, so I like to add fresh fruit, a sprinkle of homemade granola, chia seeds, coconut flakes and a drizzle of honey.
Pitaya Bowl Ingredients:
How to make Pitaya Bowls:
Blend: Add frozen dragonfruit, frozen banana, coconut water, frozen pineapple, to a high power blender and blend until smooth. You may need to use the blender tamper to help it mix, or add a little extra coconut water. It will be thick.
Add Toppings: Pour in bowls and top with your favorite toppings. I like to add fresh fruit, homemade granola, coconut flakes, chia seeds, then a drizzle of honey. You’ll want to enjoy these pitaya smoothie bowls immediately.
Pitaya vs Acai:
Açaí bowls are made with açaí berries, whereas pitaya bowls are made with dragonfruit. Pitaya fruit is known to be sweeter and is a bright pink color, whereas açaí is a dark purple color.
Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions:
To Make Ahead: This dragon fruit bowl recipe is best served immediately, but if you need to make it ahead of time, I recommend freezing it.
To Freeze: Divide single servings into separate freezer safe containers, then freeze. Allow to thaw before adding toppings and enjoying. You could even bring the frozen pitaya smoothie bowl to work, the pool or park in the morning, and toppings at lunch when it’s thawed and ready.
More Smoothie Recipes to try:
- Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate Protein Shake
- Orange Julius
- Vanilla Protein Shake
- Healthy Breakfast Smoothie
- Power Smoothie
Follow me for more great recipes
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Blend: Add frozen dragonfruit, frozen banana, coconut water, frozen pineapple (vanilla protein powder and unsweetened cocoa powder, optional) in a blender. Blend until smooth, using a tamper as needed. If it’s too thick, you can add a little more liquid.
- Add toppings: Pour in bowls and top with your favorite toppings. I like to add fresh fruit, homemade granola, coconut flakes, chia seeds, and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
This post contains affiliate links.