Pesto Veggie Pizza has a homemade (no-bake) crust topped with pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese, and any of your favorite vegetables!
If you’ve followed my blog at all you may already know how much I love homemade pizza. Let’s face it, most American’s love pizza, but by making it at home you control what goes in it! Homemade pizza is way better for you than take-out and you can totally make it restaurant quality!
I’m constantly coming up with new pizza ideas (like this Garlic-Ranch Chicken Pizza), or making old favorites (like this BBQ Chicken Pizza). With the new year here and all I wanted to try a pizza that was still “gourmet”, but also healthy.
I wanted it to have tons of vegetables and tons of flavor! BAMM! Meet the Pesto Veggie Pizza! This pizza has quickly risen the ranks on my favorites list. It’s seriously good. I love it with a good homemade pesto sauce, but the bottled stuff works great too!
If I plan ahead I like to make my favorite homemade pizza crust. But on busy weeknights I always go straight for this no-knead pizza crust recipe! It comes together in 5 minutes and is seriously A-Mazing! I could kiss the people over at Fleischmann’s Yeast for the invention of their Pizza Crust yeast! It makes the best quick and easy homemade pizza crust!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PIZZA RECIPES:
- White Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pizza
- Loaded Jalepeno Popper Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pesto Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
Pesto Veggie Pizza
For the No-Rise Pizza Crust
- 1 3/4-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water
- 3 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- baby spinach leaves
- zucchini , sliced
- green onion , chopped
- red bell pepper , chopped
- tomato , chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
For the crust:
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
- Pour dough out onto a floured surface and knead, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Roll dough into a large circle and place on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake for 5-6 minutes -- dough will be just set and only lightly browned on the bottom.
For the pizza:
- Spread a thin layer of pesto sauce over the crust.
- Top with spinach, mozzarella cheese, and vegetables.
- Sprinkle a little more mozzarella cheese over the top, along with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I received a gift card from Fleischmann’s Yeast in exchange for this post! All opinions are 100% mine, as always!
*This post contains affiliate links