White Garlic Chicken and Vegetable Pizza with my favorite creamy white garlic sauce and the BEST homemade pizza crust!
Pizza is my weakness. (And chocolate cake, because, well…it’s chocolate cake). Just throwin’ that out there. I love every type of pizza, whether it’s a paper thin crispy crust margherita pizza, Chicago-style thick crust or a super cheesy New York Style Pizza. I don’t discriminate 😉 .
I have a TON of homemade pizza recipes on my site in lots of different flavors. However, my crown jewel of homemade pizza is my perfect pizza crust recipe! I’ve experimented with soo many pizza crust recipes over the years that I’ve lost count, until final this recipe was perfected. It has a perfect crisp outside and tender inside and great flavor.
Were throwing it WAAAY back to update a recipe I published three and half years ago! Despite the terrible photo the recipe was really popular, and is one of my personal favorite pizzas!
Have you ever tried the white garlic veggie pizza from Papa Murphy’s? That’s where the inspiration for this pizza came from. I wanted a delicious white garlic pizza sauce as the base. Then I added all of the veggies I love from that pizza.
The artichoke addition is my favorite. I also decided to add chicken because we love grilled chicken on our pizza and it adds extra heartiness and protein. You can definitely leave out the chicken if you want a vegetarian pizza.
Although you could use store bought pizza crust, I feel like there’s nothing yummier than a great homemade pizza crust for this recipe. I detest the pizza crusts that come in the tube/can, from the store. They taste like biscuit dough. If you have the time, you wont regret making homemade crust.
The only store-bought crust I’ve found that I like is from Trader Joe’s. It’s fresh pizza dough and comes in a bag. It’s a good option if you’re in a time crunch.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PIZZA RECIPES:
- Loaded Jalepeno Popper Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pesto Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
- Thai Chicken Pizza
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
White Garlic Chicken and Vegetable Pizza
- Dough for one large pizza
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large cooked chicken breast , diced
- 1 tomato , diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms , sliced
- 1/4 cup onion , chopped red onion or green onion
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts , chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
For the White Garlic Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
For the White Garlic Sauce:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in milk and cook for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Add salt, pepper, garlic and basil.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken as it stands.
- For one regular pizza crust (using homemade dough) I like to pre-bake the dough for 5 minutes at 475 degrees F., before adding the toppings.
- After 5 minutes in the oven, remove the crust. Spread crust with an even, smooth layer of white garlic sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, chicken, vegetables, and more cheese on top.
- Return to oven at 475 degrees F for about 10-12 more minutes, or until golden brown.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Loved the white sauce and the chicken and veggies were amazing. I struggled with the pizza dough(probably because it was really late and I was hangry) so I substituted for tortillas instead. It turned out great! Would be a great low carb or healthier option if the someone wanted to cut down on bread.
I am going out of town and would like to make the sauce ahead of time. Can you freeze the sauce?
That should be fine. Enjoy.
Made this last night and it was SO GOOD! Didn’t change a thing. Thank you for the awesome recipe.
The best! Seriously, really really good!!! Crispy outside tender and yummy inside. I’ve made many homemade pizza crusts and this is the best!! Just want I’ve been looking for. I did have to make a blend of 1/2 AP flour, 1/2 bread flour, cuz that’s what I had on hand. Excellent!! Thank you so much!!!
I made the sauce for a Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash crust. It was delicious!
That sounds delicious!
Have a glutton allergy . I have another recipe to use for the crust, but what could I use for the sauce in place of the flour?
Gluten free flour might be a nice substitution!
See More Comments