Creamy homemade alfredo sauce topped with chicken, mozzarella and parmesan cheese makes a perfect homemade Chicken Alfredo Pizza. This one is a MUST for pizza night!
It’s time for another amazing homemade pizza recipe! If you haven’t made homemade pizza dough, you really should give it a try! It’s SO easy and will you save you money and calories! I have a wheat pizza crust recipe that’s also amazing!
We have designated Friday as pizza night at our house, and I don’t mean to sound like a broken record when I say homemade pizza definitely “tastes better from scratch”! It’s cheaper too, and a great activity to do as a family. This simple chicken alfredo pizza is one of my top favorites!
How to make Chicken Alfredo pizza:
1. Make the sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Gradually add the milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Prepare Toppings and Pizza crust: Roll/stretch the pizza dough into a large circle. I like to pre-bake my crust for 5 minutes at 425 degrees F. (Don’t pre-bake if it’s a thin crust pizza.) Gather cooked chicken, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
3. Assemble: Spoon Alfredo sauce over the crust. Add a thin layer of mozzarella, then chopped chicken, more mozzarella, and then a sprinkle of extra parmesan cheese.
Make Ahead And Freezing Instructions:
To make ahead: Make the pizza dough several hours ahead of time and allow to rise in the refrigerator. You can also prep the alfredo sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
To freeze: Freeze baked or unbaked pizza dough. Allow to thaw on the counter and top with sauce and toppings.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PIZZA RECIPES:
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza
- Easy Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 homemade pizza crust
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese , plus a little extra for topping on the pizza
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and freshly ground black pepper , or more to taste
- 1 cup cooked chicken , chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Make the sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Gradually add the milk, stirring until smooth. Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare Pizza crust: Roll/stretch the pizza dough into a large circle. I like to pre-bake my crust for 4-5 minutes at 425 degrees F (on a pizza stone or baking sheet). Don't pre-bake if it's a thin crust pizza.
- Assemble: Spoon alfredo sauce over the crust. Add a thin layer of mozzarella, then chopped chicken, more mozzarella, and then a sprinkle of extra parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 8-12 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I originally shared this recipe April 2015. Updated April 2020 with new photos and simpler alfredo sauce.
Making this now and couldn’t be happier with the results. Thank you so much!
My favorit pizza is chicken and spinach with garlic alfredo sauce.
I make a lot of homemade pizza and generally prefer a homemade tomato sauce, but I have a dear friend who is severely allergic to tomatoes; this would be perfect for her! And the rest of us would enjoy it, too!
This pizza looks like it will be a good fit for my family. My husband likes pizza with meat, but I don’t like greasy pepperoni and I’m not a fan of sausage. I think this one will be a good compromise!
Okay, I make homemade pizza all the time and it NEVER occurred to me that I should do anything other than traditional pizza. This looks delicious and I’m totally doing this soon!