The BEST and EASIEST Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks! You’ll never order take-out again!
Guys, I am literally moments away from heading to the hospital to welcome baby #3!!! I am SO excited. And anxious. And totally nervous. The hubs and I are about to be completely outnumbered.
But more than anything I can’t wait to meet the sweet little boy who has been kicking me so fiercely for weeks. I can’t wait to see what he looks like, what his temperament is like, and just to kiss his sweet little face! Bringing babies into the world is the greatest miracle ever!
With the superbowl happening on Sunday I think my husband is really pulling for an early weekend baby that we can snuggle while watching the game. I’d be totally happy with that too.
I’m just hoping I can convince him to whip together a bunch of awesome game day food for us, including these incredible Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks! I love this recipe because it’s definitely easy enough for anyone to make.
My husband happened to be home while I was recipe testing these Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks a few weeks ago. I planned it that way because he LOVES cheesy bread and, selfishly, because I needed his hands as props for my photos :-).
After just one bite he pretty much wouldn’t stop exclaiming how amazing they were, and I’m pretty sure my “awesome wife” status jumped up 10 notches 😉 . He even did all the dishes for me afterwards. I guess I need to recipe test with him at home more often!
For this recipe I took my favorite homemade pizza crust recipe and halved it, to make one batch of breadsticks. If you want to be really awesome, you could make the whole recipe for this pizza crust, then divide the dough in half after if rises and use one half to make these breadsticks, and the other half to make a whole pizza. Throw in a small side salad and you’ve got yourself an awesome game-day meal!
Breadsticks go with pizza! CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PIZZA RECIPES:
- White Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pizza
- Loaded Jalepeno Popper Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pesto Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
The BEST and EASIEST Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks have a simple garlic topping and taste even better than take-out!
- 1 1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups bread flour (bread flour works best, but all purpose works fine)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- marinara pasta sauce , for dipping, if desired
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer combine 1/2 cup of the warm water with the sugar and yeast. Stir to combine and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup warm water, and the olive oil, salt and vinegar.
- Begin mixing on medium-low speed and gradually add the flour --knead for about 6 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic (it should be sticky, but not so sticky that it sticks to your clean fingertip. Mine is usually ready with 1 1/2 cups flour) Cover the bowl with a dry towel and allow to rest in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F with a pizza stone inside or upside down cookie sheet inside.
- Mix melted butter and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Gently punch the dough down. Place a large piece of parchment paper on your counter and use your hands (or a rolling pin, but it’s easier with your hands) to spread the dough into a rectangle about 1/3 inch thick.
- Spread the butter and garlic mixture evenly over dough, all the way to the edges. Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Transfer the dough (still on the parchment paper), gently onto the hot pizza stone in your oven.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve with marina sauce for dipping.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.