Nothing better than a little Hawaiian twist to BBQ chicken, layered inside a tasty wrap! These Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wraps are EASY, healthy and delicious.
This is one of those meals that was created during the panic mode of needing something to feed my family for dinner that they would like, that I had the stuff for, and that would be super fast to make. (Can’t everyone relate to that?!)
I swear, come 4:30pm at our house my kids start to slowly transition from sweet and fun into HANGRY. So if I don’t have some sort of dinner prepped by then, I’m in trouble.
I can always fall back on a tasty “wrap” idea on days like this. You can see all of my wrap recipes here . I have a lot of favorites :-). I get asked all the time what tortillas I use for my wraps. I LIVE for the tortilla land uncooked flour tortillas. I use them for any recipe you see on my site that requires a tortilla!
Let me tell you, these Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wraps are just as delicious as they look. You can make your bbq sauce from scratch, or use your favorite bottled kind. I prefer Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ Sauce. You can have these wraps made from fridge to table in 20 minutes or less. Perfect for an easy weeknight meal or even for lunch.
Consider trying these “wraps”:
- Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Wrap
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Crispy Southwest Wrap
- Chicken Cashew Crunch Wrap
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Wraps
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts), cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup pineapple , chopped (fresh or canned)
- 1/4 red onion , chopped
- 1 romaine heart , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas (wheat or white)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken pieces to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping once until chicken is cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove pan from heat. Add barbecue sauce to the pan and toss chicken to coat.
- Place tortilla on a plate. Layer with a spoonful of barbecue chicken, cheese, pineapple, onion, chopped romaine and cilantro.
- Roll, burrito style and secure with a toothpick. Serve immediately.
- Consider serving these with a BBQ side dish.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products and cooking tools with you guys!
This post contains affiliate links.