Chipotle Chicken Wraps with tomatoes, onions, black beans, avocado, bell peppers, and a yummy chipotle sauce all wrapped up in a warm tortilla!
We have this awesome Dine-In theater nearby that makes for a great date night (whenever we can find a sitter!) Huge comfy recliners and an awesome menu that’s pretty inexpensive.
A nice little waiter that will refill my Diet Coke all night long. Ya, it’s my kind of local Oasis. 🙂 Last time we were there I ordered a delicious Chipotle Chicken Wrap, and after taking one little bite I knew I had to recreate it. My version is healthier, but still every bit as delicious!
I can always judge if a recipe is what I call “blog worthy” by my husband’s first reaction. I slyly watch him as he nonchalantly takes his first bite of dinner –when I see pure happiness cross his face, I know it’s a winner. I pretend like I’m not watching him…waiting for his approval.
And when he spends the next several minutes (and several bites full of food) telling me how good it is, I mark it as “blog worthy” and dub it good enough to share with ya’ll. So let me present, super yummy, easy, scrumptious Chipotle Chicken Wraps!
Consider trying these “wraps”:
- Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Wrap
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Crispy Southwest Wrap
- Chicken Cashew Crunch Wrap
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
Chipotle Chicken Wraps
- 3 cups Romaine lettuces (*see note), chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken , chopped
- 1 cup tomato , chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion , diced
- 1 avocado , cubed
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups corn , fresh or frozen
- 1/2 bell pepper red or orange, diced
- 1 heaping cup hot cooked rice (*see note)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
For the chipotle sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt ( or low-fat sour cream)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salsa , your favorite
- In a small bowl mix all of the chipotle sauce ingredients together.
- In a large bowl toss together lettuce, cooked chicken, tomatoes, onion, avocado, black beans, corn, and bell pepper.
- Add the sauce mixture (you don't have to use all of it if you don't want. I like to reserve some for dipping) and toss well to combine so that everything is evenly coated.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Layer each tortilla with about 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup rice and a heaping spoonful of the salad mixture.
- Roll like a wrap and secure with a toothpick.
*I like to use a rice pilaf, so the rice has some flavor. You could also use mexican-style rice.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.