If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m a huge fan of quick and easy homemade dinners. A lot of people associate homemade or “from scratch” cooking as being time consuming or too much work, but that’s an attitude I want to squash with my blog. I make easy homemade dinners for my family every night because they are just that–EASY! They taste better homemade, I don’t spend hours slaving away in the kitchen, and I’m in control of what goes in the dish. I have tons of easy meals on the blog, like this Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta, Thai Basil Chicken, or Creamy Tomato and Spinach Tortellini that all take less than 30 minutes to make.
One Pan meals are appealing to everyone because the entire meal is made using just one pan! This One Pan Baked Ziti accomplishes my goal of an easy homemade dinner– only using one pan from start to finish! It’s these type of meals that qualify you as rock-star mom status in my book 🙂 It’s cheesy, sauce-y and totally delicious!
You can make it in any type of LARGE skillet, as long as it’s oven proof. A simple cast-iron skillet would work great.
I like to serve this with a warm vegetable or a big green salad. Enjoy!
- 1/2 lb pound ground Italian sausage (I use "hot)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves but add it at the end)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups water
- 12 ounces ziti or similar pasta
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Add olive oil to a deep, 12-inch or larger oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add sausage cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil and oregano. Stir well. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the water and dry pasta. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a low boil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in the half and half, and parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and browned, about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Never miss a post! Follow me on:
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products and cooking tools with you guys!